Metastock format UCM:

Ed Hancock wrote:

> Sorry to bring this up again but I am still unable to do what should be
> a simple chore.
> A want to maintain a portfoleo of shares in Excel with input from
> Metastock.
>  Other charting programs such as Indexia, Insight Trader and even Omni
> Trader have the facility of maintaining one or more portfoleos, but not
> good old Metastock. MAYBE the next version (sigh)
> All I need from Metastock is the LastPrice that can be chosen on the
> title bar (LastPrice, Symbol,etc.. According to Equis this cannot be
> OLE'd over to Excel. Why not? I thought this should a simple job for a
> programmer. I have tried pick and drop with the mouse but this gets the
> whole of the data. I only need the close for the last day.
> Any assistance greatly appreciated.
>
> Regards to All
> Ed Hancock

If you open up the stock in Downloader, this gives you a spreadsheet
view of all the data for
  that stock.
You can select a single cell or block a range of cells.
Click Edit/Copy.
Shift to your Excel spreadsheet and highlight the cell that is to
receive the data.
Click Edit/Paste.

Hope this helps,

David.