Re: Telescan's Investment Platform

At 11:09 AM 6/20/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Recently, I posted a query on the MetaStock-list relating to sponsorship.
>That is, it seems that stocks recommended by the better known investment
>banking firms like Morgan, Bear Sterns, Goldman, etc. seem to move up nicely
>over time.
>
>The sponsorship rationale being that you and I can not move markets alone but
>these firms can and do it with pinnace.
>
>This AM before the market opened, CNBC reported that Morgan Stanley raised
>the rating on GRA (W.R.Grace) to a strong buy based on a dinner meeting last
>night and an analyst meeting all day today. GRA closed yesterday at 59 1/8
>and has a nice looking chart, i.e., a recent breakout above previous highs
>for the last two years and on higher volume in the last 8-10 days. With that
>I stepped up to the plate and placed an order for 500 shares at the market.
>It filled at 59 3/8. Time will tell.
>
>Jim Barone

Jim:

You may be confusing "sponsorship" with good quality fundamental analysis by
the quality investment firms.

I don't think that we can tell whether it is the "sponsorship" that causes
certain stocks to rise, or instead, the quality of the company that is being
sponsored.

At bottom, though, either way -- you win!

Good luck.