Re: Murrey Maths & Metastock

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML 3.2//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
<HTML><META content='"Trident 4.71.0544.0"' name=GENERATOR>

</HEAD>
<BODY>
<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>For a number of reasons
that MR Murrey will disagree with, there is a Gann connection.</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>march 21 being a
quarterly seasonal change that has more funnymental connections to market than
first frost when ever that is.</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>16 because it is 1/2 of
255/8.</FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>While the Gann fan can be
used at any pivotal low or high. The yearly high or low is a major pivot usually
at the end of a wave 5 down, ready to start next trip up, we hope. So for those
not fully broken into TA and still using default classic indicators, start with
52 week low. </FONT></FONT>

<P><FONT face="Century Schoolbook" size=2><FONT size=2>Richard Estes</FONT>

<P></P>
 ----<BR>
<B>From: </B>Gale A. Thompson &lt;chemtex@xxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>
<B>To: </B>Richard Estes &lt;dick@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>
<B>Cc: </B>metastock-list &lt;metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;<BR>
<B>Date: </B>Saturday, June 07, 1997 11:19 PM<BR>
<B>Subject: </B>Re: Murrey Maths &amp; Metastock<BR>
<BR>
<HTML><BODY><FONT size=2>I'm sure there are..., that was the first one I put
up.&nbsp; 3 questions...<BR>
<BR>
1)&nbsp; Why March 21?<BR>
2)&nbsp; Why 16 day (incremental) cycles?<BR>
3)&nbsp; Why the 52 week low for a Gann Fan?<BR>
<BR>
Thank you for the information Richard,<BR>
<BR>
--&nbsp; Gt&nbsp; --<BR>
<BR>
<BR>
Richard Estes wrote:<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Glad you liked it. now drop a fib retracement from the low to the<BR>
&gt; march<BR>
&gt; high to the right. Rember you could have done this 4 march, see the<BR>
&gt; fib<BR>
&gt; levels setting major support for next 3 months?<BR>
&gt; I took a look at it there are many better matches.<BR>
&gt; Richard Estes<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt;&nbsp; ----<BR>
&gt; From: Gale A. Thompson &lt;<A
href="mailto:chemtex@xxxxxxxx";>chemtex@xxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>
&gt; To: Richard Estes &lt;<A
href="mailto:dick@xxxxxxxxxxx";>dick@xxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>
&gt; Cc: <A
href="mailto:metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>;
Peter Lim &lt;<A
href="mailto:kimheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>kimheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>
&gt; Date: Saturday, June 07, 1997 10:22 PM<BR>
&gt; Subject: Re: Murrey Maths &amp; Metastock<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Nice post Richard....<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; I put up EGRP in MS just for kicks and grins to try out the 16 day<BR>
&gt; cycle<BR>
&gt; and the Gann Fan with the 52 week low.&nbsp; Everyone should look at
this<BR>
&gt; one.&nbsp; It was the first stock I put up...&nbsp; Inspirational comes
to<BR>
&gt; mind...<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; --&nbsp; Gt&nbsp; --<BR>
&gt;<BR>
&gt; Richard Estes wrote:<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Suggestions:<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Using March 21 as start date set cycle lines at 16. see how close<BR>
&gt; you<BR>
&gt; &gt; come to major moves on stocks and indices.<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Start your Fan at 52 week low. or if you count waves at bottom of<BR>
&gt; wave<BR>
&gt; &gt; 2.<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; If you are a part of silicon investor site. come in at the
following<BR>
&gt; &gt; and start reading the 1000s of TA posts.<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; <A
href="http://www.exchange2000.com/~wsapi/investor/stocktalk-32";>http://www.exchange2000.com/~wsapi/investor/stocktalk-32</A><BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Richard Estes<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; ----<BR>
&gt; &gt; From: Peter Lim &lt;<A
href="mailto:kimheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx";>kimheng@xxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; To: <A
href="mailto:metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>metastock-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A><BR>
&gt; &gt; Date: Saturday, June 07, 1997 9:17 PM<BR>
&gt; &gt; Subject: Murrey Maths &amp; Metastock<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Admist the furor created by Murrey Maths, it would be revealing to<BR>
&gt; see<BR>
&gt; &gt; how<BR>
&gt; &gt; Metastock can itself be used to analyze stocks following the
method<BR>
&gt; of<BR>
&gt; &gt; Murrey. While Murrey methods seemed to suggest Gann, and if Murrey<BR>
&gt; &gt; Maths is<BR>
&gt; &gt; not an indicator by itself, perhaps it is time that someone can<BR>
&gt; &gt; program the<BR>
&gt; &gt; techniques of Murrey into one or more simple indicators or
templates<BR>
&gt; &gt; in<BR>
&gt; &gt; Metastock so that anyone interested need not revert to the tedious<BR>
&gt; &gt; task of<BR>
&gt; &gt; hand charting but rely on the powerful cahrting and analysis<BR>
&gt; abilities<BR>
&gt; &gt; of<BR>
&gt; &gt; Metastock.<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Herein lies the relevance of any stock analysis technique to<BR>
&gt; &gt; Metastock-<BR>
&gt; &gt; that it can be programmable to make things faster, convenient and<BR>
&gt; &gt; accurate.<BR>
&gt; &gt; As it is, the Murrey site with its charts looked interesting, and<BR>
&gt; &gt; might be<BR>
&gt; &gt; telling us something--if we look deeper and be more open. Murrey<BR>
&gt; Maths<BR>
&gt; &gt; is a<BR>
&gt; &gt; process, much as other analysis tehniques and indicators are used
in<BR>
&gt; &gt; like<BR>
&gt; &gt; manner. As Metastock users, we are concerned with outcomes--our<BR>
&gt; &gt; trading<BR>
&gt; &gt; bottom line. If Murrey Maths can help improve the lot of Metastock<BR>
&gt; &gt; users,<BR>
&gt; &gt; which on face value the charts on the Murrey site seemed to
suggest,<BR>
&gt; &gt; perhaps more dicussion is needed in an open manner typical of
users<BR>
&gt; of<BR>
&gt; &gt; this<BR>
&gt; &gt; list.<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Just my two cents worth of opinion,<BR>
&gt; &gt;<BR>
&gt; &gt; Peter Lim<BR>
</FONT></FONT>
</BODY></HTML>