Re: Changing security names

I can offer good news and bad news about my experience with E*Trade.

The good news is that they have a really great Internet site.  Good
stock information, and good accounting information.  The trades are
moderately priced, most of mine running 19.95 rather than the advertised
14.95 because I mostly use limit orders and/or the OTC.  (You can trade
for as low as $9.00 elsewhere on the internet).

The bad new, for me a few months back, is that they messed up a transfer
of an account, putting the money into the wrong account, causing me to
spend a long time just finding out where it was.   Then they gave me
much grief in trying to get them to straighten it out.  They finally
did, but it took much too long and I had to sit on hold through many,
many calls to get it fixed.  I have since learned that I was not alone
in tangling with their poor customer support.

Check out this site where you can get some good information from live,
often complaining customers, both favorable and un-favorable, on most
all of the discount brokers.

http://www.astro.lsa.umich.edu:80/users/philf/www/discount.html