Re: Help / Advice needed.

Richard,
     I've been playing with the indicator you posted.  Hope you don't mind.  I
like the signal locations on the good signals, but got too many false signals.
 I decided to try a combination to filter out most of the false signals.
Finally decided on the normalized LinRegSlope (S/C).  I normalized it by
dividing by the close price so values would be comparable for any price stock.
 I then multiplied by 10000 to amplify the signal for easier viewing.  I used
the standard S/C greater than zero and S/C rising for buy signals.  Decided to
use S/C less than an optimized negative value for closing the position.  Used
S/C less than optimized negative value and S/C falling for an open short
signal.  S/C greaser than zero to close short.  Formulas and test follow:
                                                MetaStock for Windows
Indicator Builder

  S/C (LinRegSlope/Close)

     10000*LinRegSlope(C,34)/C

  MOMENTUM time
     (HIGH - Mov(C,55,T)+(LOW - Mov(C,55,T)))/(HIGH - Mov(C,55,T)-(LOW -
     Mov(C,55,T)))

                                                   MetaStock for Windows
System Tester
 08_Momentum Time & S/C
     SIGNAL FORMULAS
     ---------------
         Enter Long:
             Alert(Cross(Fml("Momentum Time"),0),13) AND
              C > Mov(C,21,T) AND
               Fml("S/C") > 0 AND
                HHV(Fml("S/C"),5) = HHV(Fml("S/C"),13)

         Close Long:
              Fml("S/C") < opt1

         Enter Short:
             Alert(Cross(0,Fml("Momentum Time")),13) AND
              C < Mov(C,21,T) AND
               Fml("S/C") < opt1 AND
                LLV(Fml("S/C"),5) = LLV(Fml("S/C"),13)

         Close Short:
             Fml("S/C") > 0

     OPTIMIZATION VARIABLES
         OPT1:
             Min = -55.00  Max = -13.00  Step = 21.00

     STOPS ALL OFF
     I'd appreciate all of you trying this MetaStock System Test and let me
know what you think.

Jim