+++++++++++++++++++

To: (13 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                Sep 11 1996 10:43PM EST
                                                      Reply #59 of 1170

    Hello Bob,

    If you would like a short term indicator, try a StochRSI (14) as
follows:
    Mov((RSI(14)- LLV(RSI(14),14))
    /(HHV(RSI(14),14)-(LLV(RSI(14),14))),14,E)*100
    The above is MetaStock format... You can also put up an RSI 10 day
with a 13 EMA
    on it and trade on the crosses.... The problem with the shorter term
indicators is you
    tend to get wiped too much. One way around that is use a longer term
indicator like
    DNS or Dahl ( which DSN contains) then use the shorter term
indicators to get you in
    and out. Don't trade the stock unless your longer term indicators
are long..... It is
    always better to be safe and safe in the market means being on the
right side of the
    trend... Dave Evans
============================
To: Chandler H. Everett (226 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                 Sep 30 1996 2:19PM EST
                                                     Reply #227 of 1170

    Chan- I am now into STOCHRSI- try a (5,5) or an (8,5).with crosses
at 30 and
    65(per matt).
    andy
============================
To: andrew gabor
    From: David R. Evans
                                                 Sep 26 1996 6:48PM EST
                                                        Reply #8 of 665

    Here is one of my favorites... It's the StochRSI first posted on the
Prodigy Boards by
    Richard and later helped along by Joe H. I'm using a 14 day StochRSI
but you can
    change ALL the 14's to say 21 for a StochRSI(21).

    Mov((RSI(14)- LLV(RSI(14),14))
    /(HHV(RSI(14),14)-(LLV(RSI(14),14))),14,E)*100
    Now in MetaStock code the following for an explorer test:

    for BUY:
    If(Cross(Fml( "StochRSI 14") , 30),+1,0)

    for SELL:
    If(Cross(70, Fml( "StochRSI 14" )),-1,0)

    I like to add a 5-40 crossover to keep me on the right side of the
trend as follows:

    If(Mov(C,5,VAR) > Mov(C,40,VAR),+1,0)

    Give it a try and let us know how it turns out.. Dave Evans
=============================
To: Richard (42 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                 Oct 21 1996 1:05PM EST
                                                       Reply #45 of 665

    Richard- I have been watching stochrsi(8,5) and have found some
interesting
    correlations:

    Enter:
    mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/ (HHV(RSI(8),8) -
LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100 >
    REF(mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/ (HHV(RSI(8),8) -
    LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100),-1) AND REF(mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/
    (HHV(RSI(8),8) - LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100,-1) < 15

    Exit:
    mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/ (HHV(RSI(8),8) -
LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100 <
    REF(mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/ (HHV(RSI(8),8) -
    LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100),-1) AND REF(mov((rsi(8) - LLV(RSI(8),8))/
    (HHV(RSI(8),8) - LLV(RSI(8)8))),5,W)*100,-1) > 85

    Now I tested 555 stocks which had either rs or eps greater than 70
per TC2000 PRO
    filters
    They also met two other tests: tsf(c,13) > tsf(c,89) [time series
forecast 13 > 89]
    and high last six months greater than 1.55 times low last six
months.

    For this population of stocks- 44% had a system test result of over
100% for a two
    year period with no stops.
    but when evaluating them by price the results were as follows:
    top 50- 82% over 100% system test
    top 150 - 66% over 100% system test
    bottom 150 - 20% over 100% system test.

    In other words stocks above $32 had very good results with stocks
above $50 having
    excellent correlation.
    On the other hand- stocks under $15 had much poorer correlation.

    Stocks over $50 some of the results:
    SYMBOL 2 YR PROFIT # WINNING TRADES VS TOTAL TRADES
    INTC 282% 15/18
    PSFT 1455% 19/19
    TLAB 116% 12/17
    HFS 306% 11/16
    EFII 893% 14/16
    QTRN 444% 12/18
    SDTI 1778% 12/16
    G 192% 16/20
    USRX 560% 13/17
    CPQ 117% 10/14
    SEG 499% 13/17
    BSY 246% 13/17
    ASND 1463% 15/17
    HBOC 483% 12/13
    CSCO 470% 17/18
    COMS 242% 11/15
    ADPT 429% 11/14
    CHK 835% 13/14
    RSYS 1087% 7/10
    CBTSY 2833% 16/17

    Anyway- this seems to work for high cap/high price issues but not as
well for lower
    priced issues.

    Comments are welcomed.

    andy
==============================

To: Gary Ball (217 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                  Oct 3 1996 4:45PM EST
                                                     Reply #227 of 4086

    Hello Gary,

    Now I think I understand your Question..... How do you trade a stock
that already has
    the 5 day above the 13 day??? Is that the question??? I use a
StochRSI(14) but you
    would need either WOW or MSWIN to use it. The format for it is as
follows:

    Mov((RSI(14)- LLV(RSI(14),14))
    /(HHV(RSI(14),14)-(LLV(RSI(14),14))),14,E)*100
    You would buy when it crossed above it's 30 line and sell when it
crossed below it's
    70 line..... Let me explain... When you put this indicator up it
would draw a scale on
    the right side of the chart.StockRSI(14) would look like a Moving
Average line going
    up and down... When it fell below the 30 line you would put the
stock on your
    ALMOST ready list and keep watching it. Once the StockRSI(14)
started moving
    back up, you would wait until it crossed back above the 30 line...
That would be your
    BUY... You would then hold it until it crossed above it's 70 line
THEN droped below
    it. When it first crossed the 70 line on the way up you would put it
on your almost
    ready to sell list and keep watching it. You would then sell when it
fell below the 70
    line...

    Once you build your database up you will not have this problem as
you will not be
    watching and waiting for indivigual stocks to be ready. You will be
running scans and
    buying whatever stocks fall out of the scan AND match whatever
additional criteria
    you add to your system.. The true idea of TA is to get to the point
where you do not
    care what stocks you buy AS LONG as they meet your standards for a
buy..... Most
    of the stocks I buy I don't even know their names. I only know the
symbol... I don't
    care what they do or what they are called.. I only care about their
charts.... In fact, the
    stocks I do know about cause me the most problems because I start
thinking about
    when I should buy or sell and why I should buy or sell when my
system tells me not
    to...

    The object of TA is to take the EMOTION out of the game... Dave
Evans
===========================
To: Chris Curran (235 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                  Oct 3 1996 7:50PM EST
                                                     Reply #236 of 4086

    Chris- I don't have Trade Station but this formula is the basic
stochastic oscillator
    formula with a 14 day exponential moving average placed upon it.
Instead of Price
    being placed within the oscillator, another indicator known as
Relative Strength Index
    (RSI) is being substituted.
    Both Stochastics and RSI are very common indicators which are found
in almost all
    software packages. We hope that one of the trade Station experts
will come forward
    to translate for you, but in the meantime check out your formulas
and see if you can
    reformat for Trade Station.
    I will interpret the formula:
    It is a 14 day exponential moving average of the basic stochastic
formula which says:
    take the 14 day RSI value and subtract the lowest value(LLV) of
RSI(14) which
    occurred during the last 14 days. You come up with a number.

    Then divide this number(the numerator) by the denominator:
    highest value(HHV) of RSI(14) for the last 14 days minus the lowest
value of RSI(14)
    for the last 14 days.

    This is the basic stochastic oscillator formula.

    try this out if all else fails.

    andy
=======================================

To: Jerry Gatto (1005 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                Nov 14 1996 2:00PM EST
                                                    Reply #1006 of 4087

    Jerry- as you know I like Stochrsi(8,5). I am looking for a
confirming trigger. Before I
    left- I started to play with cci and macd(5,34,3) similar to bill
sandusky's setup. I think
    the macd may be a good one. For example- stochrsi turns down- it can
fall or just
    hang for a few days and then fall.
    Now if we can find a trigger such as macd 5-34 crossing the 3 day
wma-to confirm
    then you got a good system- I think.
    Now of course you have to evaluate trendlines, trend indicators,
market conditions,
    industry conditions, stock history, momentum, and all the other
stuff as well... but once
    you have a candidate then a confirming trigger for srsi can get you
in not too early not
    too late.
    just my rambling thoughts on where I want to go with this. The other
pssibility is using
    bands- I probably would opt for 34 day or 21 day but I will still
respect your 28 day
    bands in the morning.- ggg.

    any ideas any one?

    yt
    andy
========================

To: Bob Sage (1024 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                               Nov 16 1996 11:26AM EST
                                                    Reply #1028 of 4087

    Bob- I use the turn up or down above- below 15/85. Many people say
the " meat of
    the trade is in the 35-65 range. The best system tests I have gotten
are in the turn up
    turn down regardless of point because some issues never make it to
extremes but you
    get whipsawed too much.
    - Also with a high riser- the turn down needs to go below 70 to
confirm that it won't
    keep pushing up. This market has shown that. You must consider other
aspects such
    as volume, ma positions etc. but it does seem to follow step ladder
up down very
    nicely. Now in a down trend- tsf 13 falling and below tsf 89 or ema
13 below ema 40.
    You need to put the accent on the sell signal: short when exit
occurs close short when
    entry occurs. The buy will often lose money on the down side- so you
have to step out
    or short or buy puts.
    I also am experimenting with macd(5,34,3) as a confirmation. When
the line crosses its
    trigger and stochrsi(8,5) has turned that seems to confirm the move.

    yt

    andy
==============================

To: Helene Delisle (1225 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                 Dec 2 1996 4:24PM EST
                                                    Reply #1226 of 4087

    Hello Helene,

    You would do it the same way I do it with StochRSI (14). Code it as
follows:

    If(Cross(Fml( "StochRSI 14") , 30),+1,0)
    If(Cross(70, Fml( "StochRSI 14" )),-1,0)

    The first line would be colA and the second line would be colB. I
would buy when
    "StochRSI 14 crosses ABOVE 30 and sell when StochRSI 14 crosses
BELOW 70. I
    would then set up my filter as follows:

    colA > 0 AND colB < 0

    Now you will get a list of stocks that have either crossed above 30
or crossed below
    70. The +1 will be buy and the -1 will be sell.

    In your case you would change the "StochRSI 14" to "Insync Index". I
do not use
    Insync Index in my scans BUT I do have them on my screens to verify
direction. I
    know a few people who use it and they swear by it...
    Please remember that you must already have the Insync Index coded as
a formula before you
can use it in an Explorer... Dave Evans
=============================

To: Mac Bean (1348 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                Dec 11 1996 9:25PM EST
                                                    Reply #1349 of 4087

    Hello Mac,

    I do not use SuperCharts so I do not know how much flexibility you
have when
    building Indicators but I would think you would be able to build a
StochRSI.. Here is
    the formula in MSWIN:

    Mov((RSI(14)- LLV(RSI(14),14))
    /(HHV(RSI(14),14)-(LLV(RSI(14),14))),14,E)*100
    StochRSI = (RSI - RSI "lowest RSI during period") / (RSI "highest
RSI during period"
    - RSI "lowest RSI during period).

    The period I use is 14 but many use 21..

    Here is what Chande has to say about StochRSI:

    As an RSI user, you may have been frustrated when the RSI did not
reach an extreme
    value (above 80 or below 20) for months at a time. Perhaps you
wanted an entry point
    into an ongoing trend, and were looking for a price extreme, but
couldn't find one using
    RSI. The solution to your problem is the Stochastic RSI (StochRSI).

    The StochRSI combines the two popular ideas behind the RSI and the
Stochastic
    oscillator. The Stochastic oscillator measures the location of
closing prices within the
    recent high to low range. Similarly, StochRSI measures the location
of RSI within its
    recent range, showing short-term momentum extremes. It can be used
as an antitrend
    or a trend-following tool.
    The sensitivity of the StochRSI overcomes the disadvantages of using
a fixed number
    of days in its calculation and the tendency of the built-in RSI
smoothing to mask
    short-lived price extremes while showing swing failures in RSI. The
ability to spot
    short-term extremes in RSI (and momentum) is its principal
advantage. The StochRSI
    is a more consistent indicator of overbought and oversold conditions
simply because
    we are measuring its position within the most recent range.

    The above explanation of StochRSI was taken from "The New Technical
Trader" by
    Tushar S. Chande and Stanley Kroll... It is a very good book that I
would recommend
    to all...

    Does this help Mac???? I'm hoping there are some SuperCharts users
out there who
    can jump in and give us a hand coding it... I have SuperCharts BUT
do not use it... I
    got as far as installing it and looking at ONE chart, then I went
back to MSWIN,
    WOW, GET, and TC2000. I guess there are only so many packages I can
stand to
    learn..... Dave Evans
===============================

To: David R. Evans (1879 )
    From: Douglas Schneider
                                                Jan 10 1997 10:27AM EST
                                                    Reply #1881 of 4087

    Dave-

    Great home page and it is now better than ever. Super job.

    I've been messing around a little with the stochDMI which Bill was
talking about, and
    checking it out against stochRSI to see just how it differs.

    stDMI(13)w =

mov((DMI(c)-LLV(DMI(c),13))/(HHV(DMI(c),13)-(LLV(DMI(c),13))),13,w)*100
    In the majority of the charts I have examined, stDMi definitely
makes its move slightly
    sooner than stRSI. However, the magnitude of the move generally is
less. If you wish
    to use it as a faster trigger, therefore, you will need to adjust
your crossing levels a bit
    from the 30/70 lines you are using for stRSI.

    By the way, in spite of what the manual says, the # of periods for
DMI cannot be
    adjusted, and DMI(c) yields the same plot as DMI(indicator). A
simpler way of writing
    the formula would be to use the "P" function. However, I also noted
that although
    mswin is supposed to interpret its "P" function as referring to the
indicator on which the
    pertinent custom formula is dropped, the stDMI obtained this way
(ie, by using the
    following formula and dropping it on a chart of the DMI indicator)
yields a plot which
    tracks theother one, but is of slightly less magnitude.

    stDMI(13)wp = mov((P-LLV(P,13))/(HHV(P,13)-(LLV(P,13))),13,w)*100

    doug
=============================
To: Harold Lanier (1902 )
    From: Douglas Schneider
                                                Jan 12 1997 10:36AM EST
                                                    Reply #1920 of 4087

    Harold,

    DMI stands for Dynamic Momentum Index, and I do not think that WOW
has it. It is
    very similar to RSI, but uses variable numbers of periods, depending
upon price
    volatility, which tends to make it faster reacting than RSI. For a
fuller explanation, see
    Chandler Everett's post 1611 on this thread and post 169 on the
mswin thread).

    Chan, in my post to Dave re stochDMI, I mistakenly credited Bill
with your work on
    this indicator. Please accept my apologies.

    All the best,

    doug
===================
To: Chris Chandler (1976 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                 Jan 15 1997 9:07AM EST
                                                    Reply #1977 of 4087

    thanks Chris- let me know the scan so I can check it out.
    You might want to look at stochrsi(8,5)- I have it on some charts at
my page.
    the formula is:
    Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100
    It often shows the movement in price as a stock moves up the left
side of the mountain
    in terms of ebb and flow.

    andy
    http://www.geocities.com/WallStreet/8348/

=======================
To: David R. Evans (2007 )
    From: Paul Beattie
                                                 Jan 19 1997 5:47PM EST
                                                    Reply #2070 of 4087

    Hi Dave, I appreciate your valuable posts, and your great web site.

    I've spent a lot of time experimenting with StochRSI over the past
couple of weeks.
    Found valuable discussion Tushar Chande's book - which I bought
recently. I tried
    various ways to catch catch the turnups/turndowns from above 30 or
below 70. I
    didn't want to lose the sensitivity and found that applying a 3-day
stochastic to
    StochRSI works pretty well. Often, these are useful buy/sell
signals. Of course, it adds
    more noise to the signals. Combining with DNS helps to filter out
"useless" signals.

    Based on that experimentation, I perceive the use of a stochastic
function as a way to
    magnify the moves (at the "extremes") in an indicator, and catch
sudden changes of
    general rythms in indicators like StochRSI (ie. events which appear
as notches and
    spikes in an otherwise smooth "curve").

    Following on this "magnifying sudden changes", I've recently started
exploring the
    usefulness of signals from 3-day stochastic applied to DNS for buy
signals when
    indicator crosses 95 on the way up.

    StochDNS:
    Mov( (Fml("DNS")-LLV(Fml("DNS"),3))/

    (HHV(Fml("DNS"),3)- LLV(Fml("DNS"),3)) ,3,W) * 100

    I find a few cases where (combined with DNS > 5), it gives
interesting signals (though
    not complete) for the stocks I've looked at.

    I don't know where this will lead. I'll advise if I find something
useful. Thank you for
    your leadership.

    Cheers,    Paul
===================

To: Sam Cohen (2043 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                 Jan 19 1997 9:41PM EST
                                                    Reply #2074 of 4087

    Hello Sam,

    There are two cases that it would NOT be a buy. The first is when
the 5 EMA is
    below the 40 EMA because I use that to make sure the stock is on the
right side of the
    trend. The other is a little tricky. When you do a system test you
tell it the cross UP
    THROUGH 30 is the buy and the cross DOWN THROUGH 70 is the sell. If
the
    stock gets a buy crossing the 30 BUT never makes it up to 70, it
will fall back through
    30 then cross again. The system test WILL NOT call that a buy.

    I have been doing a lot of testing with this second scenario and
have found that many
    times this second crossing should REALLY be the buy.... When I look
in GET I find
    either my MACD(8-17-9) or Optimized Parabolic SAR are short during
the first
    crossing BUT many times they turn long for the second crossing...
Many times I also
    get a nice Regression Channel Breakout to confirm my buy...

    I realize that many of you do not have GET so you would not know
about these
    Indicators. I will try to show them on the home page as often as I
can.... For those
    who do have GET take a look at StochRSI (14) and MACD (8-17-9). Now
optimize
    Parabolic SAR and see how it looks. Price should just be breaking
above SAR and
    the MACD should just have turned positive. If either of them are not
long, WALK
    AWAY!!! Is there a Regression Channel breakout also????

    Dave Evans
    http://www.world2u.com/~dave2ta
===============================

To: Jerry Gatto (2108 )
    From: Chandler H. Everett
                                                 Jan 22 1997 3:36PM EST
                                                    Reply #2124 of 4087

    Jerry.......thanks for your post referencing Linda Rashke......I've
been trying to find out
    info on her approach without paying all that money for the
book.........while waiting at
    the doctor's for my wife to be through with a small uncomfortable
checkup that people
    our age have, I tried some different parameters that are like
Linda's in their
    conceptualization, but a little longer in time frame. I set up a
screen in MetaStock that
    has MACD 5,34 with a 10 EMA, and a Stochastic of 13 ,5. I then
created this
    formula (ggggg, there he goes again).....

    If (Mov(Stoch(13,5),3,E) < Ref(Mov(Stoch(13,5),3,E),-1) AND
    Mov(L,3,E) > Ref(Mov(L,3,E),-1) AND
    SToch(13,5) < 34, +2,0)......and put it on the MACD chart

    This creates a spike which MAY signal a move up of some substance,
or of only a
    small move. You don't enter the trade until the MACD crosses up over
its 10 EMA
    (GET??), and you get out when the Stochastic tops out, OR the MACD
crosses down
    below the 10EMA again. I set up the indicators as histograms. There
may be no need
    for the spike on the chart, but it MIGHT be an interesting Scan tool
similar, but not in
    the same philosophy as BBB. BW Chan

===============================
To: Gale A. Thompson (2490 )
    From: Chandler H. Everett
                                                  Jan 31 1997 9:50AM EST
                                                      Reply #2526 of
4087

    Gale.......and Andy.......I've got a new spike-type indicator based
on Andy's post re: his
    scan using StochRSI and his adaptation of it. I had to create 2
formulas, but here they
    are.........

    Formula "GABANS" =

    If (Fml ( "Rshort" ) < 10 AND
    Fml ( "RSISTOCH" ) < 10, +5,0)

    Formula "DANDY" =

    If (Fml ( "Rshort" ) > 90 AND
    Fml ( "RSISTOCH" ) > 90, -5,0)

    The used formulas are my names for the formulas Andy put in his
post, which are.......

    Fml ( "Rshort" ) =

    Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,W)*100

    Fml ("RSISTOCH" ) =

Mov((RSI(13)-LLV(RSI(13),13))/(HHV(RSI(13),13)-LLV(RSI(13),13))),13,W)*100

    It puts Up (and Down) spikes at highs and lows that precede fairly
large moves, but it
    doesn't do so very often! Tell me what you think.
    BW Chan
=======================

To: Chandler H. Everett (2526 )
    From: Gale A. Thompson
                                                 Jan 31 1997 8:44PM EST
                                                    Reply #2580 of 4087

    Hi Chan,

    "I've got a new spike-type indicator based on

    Andy's post "

    I played with the new toy....<g>

    Actually I already have something like that going on.... But instead
of using 5 day, I use
    3 day. All the lines, yours and mine point up off the zero line at
the same time. At 3 it
    catches it a little quicker, but also has more whipsaws. I also have
it set for >50 rather
    than >90. The other thing I tried was having the RSIStoch at 100 and
then wait for the
    Rshort to turn up off of 0. Again, this was when RSRI(8,5) > 50.

    I like the indicator alot. Love the visuals <g>. Thanks for the
post!

    -- Gt --
=======================

To: O'Donnell (2867 )
    From: David R. Evans
                                                  Feb 5 1997 6:23PM EST
                                                    Reply #2884 of 4087

    Hello Jim,

    I put the 5-40EMA cross on PRICE.. What I look for is the 5EMA above
the
    40EMA AND the StochRSI (14) cross UP THROUGH 30. I put the 5-40EMA
    cross in the MSWIN Explorer so only the stocks that have their price
5 EMA above
    their Price 40 EMA AND StochRSI (14) cross up through 30 show up....
When you
    are talking about System Test remember that the INITIAL cross UP
THROUGH 30
    is the Buy signal. This Initial cross is AFTER a cross DOWN THROUGH
70.....

=================================

To: Peter Filiberto (3194 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                   Feb 16 1997 12:58AM
EST
                                                        Reply #3195 of
4087

    thanks Peter- will check it out. Still one of my favorites:

    Enter:
    Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100

Ref(Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100,-1) and

Ref(Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100,-1)<21
    and mov(c,13,w) > mov(c,34,w)

<

Ref(Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100,-1) and

Ref(Mov((RSI(8)-LLV(RSI(8),8))/(HHV(RSI(8),8)-(LLV(RSI(8),8))),5,w)*100,-1)>
    79)

    Tested on optionables>$50 with high volatility in last 7
months(hi>1.55 times low)
    and volume> 500,000. Got 76% winners on the average.

    yt

    andy
======================

To: Craig DeHaan (3293 )
    From: andrew gabor
                                                  Feb 19 1997 8:41AM EST
                                                      Reply #3294 of
4087

    craig-QP cannot run this indicator, I tried:

Mov((RSI(13)-LLV(RSI(13),13))/(HHV(RSI(13),13)-(LLV(RSI(13),13))),13,w)*100

    This is the formula for a stochastic oscillator with a 13 day time
period and a 13 day
    moving average. Instead of price(close) it operates on RSI as the
substitute for closing
    price.

    LLV= lowest value in the period.
    HHV= highest value in the period.
    So we take the value of a 13 day RSI and subtract it's lowest value
during the preceding
    13 days. Then we divide this numerator by:
    the difference between the highest RSI-13 value in the last 13 days
and the lowest value
    in the last 13 days -- this is the denominator.
    We then smooth it with a 13 day moving average.

    This is what stochastics does normally on price- In this case we
substitute Relative
    Strength Index(RSI) for closing price.

    Sorry you can't do this in QP, TC2000, or Advanced GET but you can
in
    Metastock or WOW and I am sure other programs as well.

    hope this is not too confusing Craig.

    yt

    andy
=======================

To: David R. Evans (8 )
    From: Robert J
                                                 Jan 29 1997 6:02AM EST
                                                      Reply #348 of 665

    Dave,

    The guy that designed the orignal STOCHRSI was John Yurko from
    Compuserve. I know because I was one of the "Sounding Boards" for
him.

    Bob
==============

To: Richard (350 )
    From: Robert J
                                                 Jan 30 1997 6:02AM EST
                                                      Reply #351 of 665

    Okay let me rephrase that. What John did saw put it in a form of a
    system using 3 different time frames:

    The buy rule would be: Buy when either the 70 or 252 or both >=70,
    and the 14 crosses from below 20 (oversold) to equal or above 20.

    Additional rule: The 70 >= 50.0 and has risen by at least 3 points
    from a previous trading day during any one of the past 21 trading
    days, and the 14 crosses from below 20 to equal or above 20.