STOCHRSI

On Sun, 25 May 1997, Frank B. Gaylord wrote:
>    Thanks for bringing Perl to us.  I linked to their site and think that I
> may have may uses for it, *if* I am willing to invest the time and effort
> to learn and apply it.  :-)

I bought the book "Teach Yourself Perl in 21 Days" which I found
adequate. The camel and llama books by O'Reilly are highly
recommended by folks on the comp.lang.perl.misc newsgroup (excellent
place to pick up code ideas, btw). I am just starting on the book
"Mastering Regular Expressions".

At first I thought the language would be good to know to parse text
files, which I used to do with VB (often with multiple passes on the
files). Now I think about doing things like pulling text off of internet
sites, scanning for news on stocks, emailing alerts to myself etc.

Cheers,

Jim