Re: Help / Advice needed.

At 01:18 PM 5/25/97 -0700, you wrote:

>On Sun, 25 May 1997, Dave Zawicki wrote:
>
>> There are also tools that allow you to convert the comma seperated
>> variable file you can download from Yahoo into Metastock format files.
>
>This is a few lines of code in a Perl script. If you deal with data in
>delimited files, Perl is very handy. It is free and there is a ton of
>free resources available. See http://www.perl.org/ for more info. You
>could write a Perl script which would connect to Yahoo, fetch your quotes
>and parse the data into a format suitable for exporting to MS.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jim

Jim -

   Thanks for bringing Perl to us.  I linked to their site and think that I
may have may uses for it, *if* I am willing to invest the time and effort
to learn and apply it.  :-)

-- Frank :-)

High Return on Investment using Technical Analysis
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/

Minnesota Long Distance Canoe Racing
http://www.usinternet.com/users/fbg/mnlong/

---------