my ultimate signal generator (longer term)

I hate to throw water on your excitement, but the Metastock Help entry
on PeakBars says it uses the Zig-Zag function.  And, as I recall, the
Zig-Zag function looks at FUTURE data.

I think there was a warning in the System builder help that warned not
to use Zig-Zag in systems for this reason.

However, I could be wrong, as this is just from memory.  Keep looking.