Re: [RT] cycles

  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 09:58:44 -0800
  • From: "Ira" <mrira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [RT] cycles

I worked with volume for years and found that it really wasn't that dependable.  I worked with both Granville's On balance volume and William's Version of the same.  I worked with factors having to do with the amount of volume that it takes to move price up or down a specific amount and found that it really didn't work that well.  The only time that I found that looking at volume helped in making a trading decision was when extreme volume entered the market at panic highs and lows.  That is why I didn't include volume as a factor in the post. so under certain conditions volume is a factor governed by price.  Also it is the lows in price that deetermine cycles so if you want to be critical, everything having to do with chart analysis has to do with price and price action.

Ira