Re: [RT] LEARNING FROM OTHER TRADERS

On Wed, 22 Oct 2008 08:44:52 +0800
  "Jeff" <jharteam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Charles:
>
> Gannghost and WheelInTheSky, I have joined years ago;
>back then, it wasn't
> that active; I doubt very much if they are still active
>nowadays. Although,
> over the years, I have never met you in person.  But for
>the past 10+ years,
> we have had lots of communications on trading and
>methodologies. Please
> correct me if I'm wrong, I gauge that you must have been
>jumping around
> looking for one methodology after another.
Jeff, that is correct.  I have been successful
(comparatively) trading domestic
international mutual funds before Elliott Spitzer.  When
that game was ending,
I transferred all my monies into annuities where the game
was still alive for
a couple of years or so.   When it caught up to annuities,
I then survived by
hedging by going long internationals/short ProFunds
indexes.  Earlier this year
I saw the writing on the wall and have been relatively
inactive; except for some
gold trades; which is a different ballgame.

To do what I did; you really didn't have to be a great
trader.  It was so simple
and easy.  Wall Street Up = Foreing Markets Up = No/low
risk  = high profitability
trades.

All the posting etc. was derived mostly for research
backup and passion.  But I
never learned any stand alone method for trading naked
with any degree of uncertainty.

Yes, we go back a ways, and I always valued your feedback
and input.  It sounds
exciting living there in HongKong.  How did you get the be
there; if I may ask?
I live in Houston.

> Ira is very correct in that the first thing is you
>really have to know what
> you are searching for. Speaking for myself, I love
>Gann's works for years
> and I just KNEW it works; but for whatever reasons, I
>just couldn't crack it
> (maybe just too stupid on math!). So, this methodology
>is a goner forever
> when it comes to trading for a living.
I identify completely!!!  Some say you need a tutor/mentor
who has
experience with Gann, which puts you into another loop of
sorts.

Believe me, there
>are so many very
> diverse methodologies to make calls for the markets, and
>in this group,
> these people are using and showing them all the time to
>the group. It only
> takes a few months of time to observe and you will be
>able to come to the
> conclusion if their methodologies are for real or not.
>Personally, as you
> can tell on my charts, I just use the RSI, moving
>averages & Stochastic
> Slow. And most importantly, the Andrew's Pitchfork
>(inspired by Tim Morge).
> As Ira has put on his specs for entry, the fork gives me
>specific entry
> condition, stop loss and target. And WHEN NOT to enter
>the market.  Babson
> Lines are used to time my entry.  There you go, that's
>all the stuff I use
> for trading; and nothing else is up my sleeve.  Yes, all
>these are not new;
> they are really 'old stuffs' already.
Tim, I never had your confidence.  The guy I like best in
our
group is Ben.  But dammit, have you ever attempted to
correspond with
him?  It's impossible to communicate or understand exactly
what he's
doing.  Guess I shud just pay the 1K for his system and
hope he explains
how it works. (:-)  Seriously, I do think his stuff is
pretty darned good.
I have seen some of his student testimonials but....

To clarify, are you saying you use the APitchfork only for
your entries/exits/targets?
And then you confirm that with Babson Lines?

> Last night, Clyde Lee showed the specific entries on his
>chart on longs and
> shorts of the Gold market, Jim White called a specific
>juncture of the Gold
> market a long on 60-min chart on 778.80 stop.  A week of
>two ago, using his
> 'Excel' sheet indicator, Ben warned of not entering long
>on Gold.  All these
> calls are right on.  But what's most important is I
>don't really know how
> they come up with these market calls and their
>methodologies may not be used
> by me in a comfortable level. But the most enjoyable
>thing, being in a
> group, is that I would be able to have a chance to
>compare trading results
> with these workable methodologies. The Andrew's
>Pitchfork has further
> confirmed Clyde's areas of longs and shorts, Jim White's
>reason behind of
> calling a temporary intraday bottoming and Ben's weeks
>ago warning of not
> entering long on Gold.  Charles, my point is if the
>methodology is genuine
> and 'honest', they may start on a very diverse manner,
>but ultimately, they
> will converge in the end and end up with the same
>conclusion. There is only
> ONE way to win and many ways to loose.  Please find a
>comfortable method of
> your choice and learn it well before you pay for
>indicator(s).  Take care.
>
> Have a good one
> Jeff Harteam

I see what you mean Jeff, and I should have picked up on
that by now.
Most importantly, you have chosen a method that YOU FEEL
COMFORTABLE
WITH.

Ah, must be adventerous living in Hong Kong!!!

Very best wishes, and thank you for writing.

Charles Meyer

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: