RE: [RT] LEARNING FROM OTHER TRADERS

Hi Charles:

Gannghost and WheelInTheSky, I have joined years ago; back then, it wasn't
that active; I doubt very much if they are still active nowadays. Although,
over the years, I have never met you in person.  But for the past 10+ years,
we have had lots of communications on trading and methodologies. Please
correct me if I'm wrong, I gauge that you must have been jumping around
looking for one methodology after another.

Ira is very correct in that the first thing is you really have to know what
you are searching for. Speaking for myself, I love Gann's works for years
and I just KNEW it works; but for whatever reasons, I just couldn't crack it
(maybe just too stupid on math!). So, this methodology is a goner forever
when it comes to trading for a living. Believe me, there are so many very
diverse methodologies to make calls for the markets, and in this group,
these people are using and showing them all the time to the group. It only
takes a few months of time to observe and you will be able to come to the
conclusion if their methodologies are for real or not. Personally, as you
can tell on my charts, I just use the RSI, moving averages & Stochastic
Slow. And most importantly, the Andrew's Pitchfork (inspired by Tim Morge).
As Ira has put on his specs for entry, the fork gives me specific entry
condition, stop loss and target. And WHEN NOT to enter the market.  Babson
Lines are used to time my entry.  There you go, that's all the stuff I use
for trading; and nothing else is up my sleeve.  Yes, all these are not new;
they are really 'old stuffs' already.

Last night, Clyde Lee showed the specific entries on his chart on longs and
shorts of the Gold market, Jim White called a specific juncture of the Gold
market a long on 60-min chart on 778.80 stop.  A week of two ago, using his
'Excel' sheet indicator, Ben warned of not entering long on Gold.  All these
calls are right on.  But what's most important is I don't really know how
they come up with these market calls and their methodologies may not be used
by me in a comfortable level. But the most enjoyable thing, being in a
group, is that I would be able to have a chance to compare trading results
with these workable methodologies. The Andrew's Pitchfork has further
confirmed Clyde's areas of longs and shorts, Jim White's reason behind of
calling a temporary intraday bottoming and Ben's weeks ago warning of not
entering long on Gold.  Charles, my point is if the methodology is genuine
and 'honest', they may start on a very diverse manner, but ultimately, they
will converge in the end and end up with the same conclusion. There is only
ONE way to win and many ways to loose.  Please find a comfortable method of
your choice and learn it well before you pay for indicator(s).  Take care.

Have a good one
Jeff Harteam