From: Robert Arbuckle <bobskc@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, October 10, 2008, 8:09:42 PM
Subject: [RT] Advice requested

Teach her how to use a scanner so she can look up stocks that have a
good dividend and who have not failed to pay a dividend for a couple
of decades and who have not cut the dividend in that amount of time.
Most internet brokers have these tools on their web sites.

Talk to her about dividend re-investment for her future and how that
can add up to something very real by the time she reaches retirement
age.

A young person can take a lot more risk than an one of us close to or
at, retirement age but starting out with those simple tools will teach
a good beginning.

As to GM, the first question that must be answered is will they be in
business much longer.  They had many years to respond to the public
demand for fuel efficient automobiles and wasted them.  Now, they have
government money to try and catch up but having the money to do it and
making it happen are two very different things and the company has not
shown much initiative in this area.

I'm sure you are very proud of her for showing this interest and I
hope she follows through with patience and conviction to sound
investment guidelines and doesn't look for the quick buck ..  fast
payoffs lead to fast losses in many cases and learing to be a trader
and being nimble enough to know when to get in and when to get out is
learned slowly and often painfully.

All best,

Bob