Re: [RT] CURRENCIES & NEWS ANNOUNCEMENTS

--- Charles Meyer <chaze@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Group-
>
> Pls any thoughts or comments on the following
> question?
>
> I noticed that the U.S. Dollar spiked up yesterday
> on a news report/announcement that came out.
> Question.
> Which market reports do currency traders consider to
> be 'market moving'.  Asked another way; some prefer
> remain flat prior to potentially market moving
> announcement; so I was wondering which announcements
> to look for?
> Also; there must be a schedule available on the web
> which lists those reporting days?

Here are couple of economic/trading calendars:

http://www.deltat1.com/economic-events.htm
http://www.dailyfx.com/calendar/briefing/

In regards to which particular events are more
important, many Fx traders follow these U.S. events:

US Trade Balance
US GDP
US Chicago NAPM
US Consumer Confidence
US Retail sales (sometimes)
US Consumer Price Index
US Industrial Production
US Durable Goods
US Employment/Unemployment Figures
Oil Invnetory Report (Wednesdays?)

There are several European and Asian news events that
are very important as well. Unfortunately I don't know
what those are.

Regards