Re: [RT] S&P 500 Cash Channel

I have been trading the consolidation range since Monday by shorting the NDX very close to the top of the range with a stop well above the range. Reasoning? The index needed time to consolidate after such a big run-up and any early attempt to break out north would fail. Odds favored a break south over a break north. I did 3 of these and covered each time the move down would lose momentum. Beginning today, I will be switching to buying the lows as we are approaching the time in place where a break to the north could be successful and I think it will be a big move (maybe 5%) ... could even be a final move. Timing? Friday or Monday but could come today.

Earl
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 10, 2004 5:27 PM
Subject: [RT] S&P 500 Cash Channel

Just took a look at the S&P 500 Cash over the last 5 days.

There is a beautiful 1163sh to 1170sh channel. Today had a cash and price
dip with increased volume and the futures are holding strong.

It is all dressed up and looking to "go out" [break out] one way or the
other.

Thought provoking?

Sincerely,

John