[RT] FOREX vs S&P Trading: not interesting ?

Similarly, FOREX does not seem attractive.. Perhaps I'm mistaken? A 4-pip spread on FOREX amounts to perhaps 30 to 50 dollars? If you are trading multiple contracts you could find yourself in the hole to the degree of $100-$200 per trade?? Am I confused? I had another FOREX broker try to pressure me into trading that stuff this week.. He said the cost (spread) is high, but the liquidity is great and you can trade 24 hours a day.. Heck I don't have a liquidity issue in S&P and I don't want to trade 24 hours a day. Not at that cost, for sure. Any comment on the high cost of FOREX? How much is 5 contracts X 4 pips? Is that a smart way to trade? -Neal. EarlA wrote:
Your gut instincts are correct ... when you see wide spreads, you are looking at illiquid markets in which the MM's are taking the cream ... RUN UNLESS YOU ARE A LONG TERM INVESTOR. Look at the SP and NDX emini (ES and NQ) as these have strong depth and tight spreads, especially ES.   Earl Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT Yahoo! Groups Links To visit your group on the web, go to:http://groups.yahoo.com/group/realtraders/  To unsubscribe from this group, send an email to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of Service.