[RT] My Experiences with Prophet Charts

Hello fellow
listers,

have any of you looked at <A
href="">http://www.prophet.net/ lately? I just
finished their 7-day trial, and I must say I am very favorably impressed. In the
past, Prophet had not exactly been known for high quality, but how things have
changed! Now they have clean data (real time as well as delayed), countless
indicators (they add some new ones every month, like some of the latest TASC
studies), and a fascinating new pattern recognition engine. In my own trading I
use patterns a lot, and I find it very helpful to be able to scan for them so
easily.

As regards handling, I
didn't think I would get to like any chart service as much as QCharts, but
Prophet's Java Charts are certainly comparable. If any of you take the trial, do
download the .pdf file "Using Java Charts", as there are many differences to
QCharts, some extremely ingenious, some not.

It took me a few days to get
acquainted with the web site's countless ramifications. One question I asked
myself was why there were so many different types of charts - Java charts, snap
charts, ChartScope, ChartStream, etc. I asked customer service, and they said
that Java Charts were the state of the art thing, and the other types were a
holdover from earlier versions that some customers had gotten used to, and so
they were kept on the service. Also, some of them do load a bit faster, as they
are simpler. So you often get "snap charts" as a result of a scan, and then have
the choice to switch from any of those chart types to the more powerful Java
Charts.

The service is
browser-based, but you can get, for an additional $25 or $35/mo, depending on
your subscription, a PC-based desktop application called Prophet Station. This
might make the "feel" more similar to QCharts, but I cannot comment on this as I
have not tried it.

In all, I will certainly
keep the Prophet.net subscription (along with QCharts for now), mainly because
of the pattern recognition engine which, to me, is a great boon and big help in
some of my trading. They charge less than Quote.com for a comparable
subscription. Of course, I have no connections with Prophet except as a
customer.

Best regards,

Michael
Suesserott