Re[2]: [RT] RE: Barrons Economic Beat

Hello Bob,

you're quite right, Bob and is something that's been rolling around in
my mind for the last week or so.  The libertarian view is getting
increasing attention and voters it seems.  there's a lot there to be
recommended.  as the self-appointed chief strategist of the GOP I have
been looking for a way head off a severe weakening of the conservative
cause by libertarian success.

the answer as I see it is for the GOP to move toward its libertarian
roots but that will not be easy.  It breaks my heart to see how much W
violates conservative principles--see for example
http://libertyvault.com/gwb.html.

Ag and steel subsidies are a couple of the most extreme cases. This is
welfare pure and simple.

Best regards,
 Jim Johnson                           mailto:jejohn@xxxxxxxxxxx