Re: [RT] Small Premium on the S&P?

Those who do not remember the past are condmened to repeat it or
something like that...

I agree that conditions now are somewhat different than in the past so
its goofy
to say "well the market has bottomed out so we'll see a recovery six
months from
now".   Does no one remember the saying "past performance is no guarentee of
future results?"

-- John

Steve McGuire wrote:

>OK, it's not just interest rates. When the S&P futures started trading back
>in 1982, interest rates were a lot higher than they are now and the S&P
>futures traded at a DISCOUNT to the cash. It was a bear market and every
>time the futures got back to even with cash it was a good short.  On the
>next major leg down in this bear market, I would expect to see the same
>thing again.
>
>The problem I see with most traders & investors today is that they have
>never seen a bear (some think he is extinct) and they don't study market
>history. The final low for this bear is still several years out.

Unlimited calling with 3-way conferencing. Only $1/Mo.
with CrystalVoice! FREE trial. Click Here.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/Hb1xVB/HxbDAA/ySSFAA/zMEolB/TM