RE: [RT] Tradesation Systems

Savvy
technicians look for few or no parameters in the Tradestation strategy that is
the basis of a system......
When
there are many parameters, a developer could easily be fooled into thinking he
has a great system as Tradestation can "curve fit" the parameters to fit the
backtesting price history. Even if tested over a long period of time over many
trades, these systems have been known to "fall apart" when running against the
"real" market.
<SPAN
class=330485411-12122001>
BTW:
Your system
sounds good....was that stocks, options, or futures
?
<FONT
color=#0000ff face=Arial size=2>Who originated
the system ?
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
  <FONT face="Times New Roman"
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: Sean Cassidy
  [mailto:scassidy@xxxxxxxxx]Sent: Tuesday, December 11, 2001 11:26
  PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxSubject: [RT]
  Tradesation Systems
  I have been using a system written for
  Tradestation that has been working very well. It has generated returns of
  better than 10% per month on actual trades when I have used it. My question
  is......what happens when you optimize a system on Tradestation? I have heard
  that it actually changes the code. I obviously am happy with the
  results.....am just curious as to why the results are different when I
  optimize the syatem.

  SeanTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor