Re: [RT] virus strategy

On Wednesday, December 05, 2001, 6:38:28 AM, chrischeatham wrote:

c> The number of virus files I get from newsgroup memberships has become
c> astouning.

Agreed. This is ESPECIALLY true with Realtraders - the worst of any
group I get.

c> YEs, my virus software catches them,

I don't use ANY virus real-time/filtering software, but I have NEVER
been infected by any virus. At the same time, I can see every virus
sent to me - they just do't DO anything.

c> but I have been thinking of a simple strategy to deal with the
c> issue.

I have a very simple strategy that works quite well.

< snip a number of *very* inconvenient things that are not necessary>

c> Any thoughts?

Use a secure, non-M$ program such as TheBat! Every day some hacker
finds a new way to infect Outlook. You have to then download the
patch-of-the-day from M$. Even then, it is just a matter of days until
it happens again. There is a MUCH better way to avoid the virusware
from M$ - don't use it. :-)

ztrader

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.