[RT] EMERGENCY VIRUS ALERT

I just received this.  It sounds like a nasty
one.

Goodluck and good trading,

Ray raffurty

** EMERGENCY VIRUS ALERT - W32/Goner@xx
**
------------------------------------------------------------Dear
Raymond, McAfee.com has seen an OUTBREAK of computers infected with
W32/Goner@xx, also known as Pentagone,
Goner or Gone. This is a NEW, HIGH RISK virus that spreads via Microsoft
Outlook email and ICQ instantmessaging programs. This mass-mailing worm
will arrive from someone you know with the following email message:
Subject: Hi Body: How are you ? When I saw this screen
saver, I immediately thought about you I am in a harry, I promise you will
love it! Attachment: GONE.SCR Goner has a DESTRUCTIVE PAYLOAD.
When the attachment is opened, it will look for a variety of anti-virus,
firewall and other security programs and attempt to delete them, along
with ALL FILES in the same directory. This worm will also place a trojan,
REMOTE32.INI, on the system, which contains instructions to attempt
Denial-of-Service attacks on other IRC users.For detection and
removal instructions for the W32/Goner@xx
virus, click here.  ===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2639";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2639McAfee.com
VirusScan Online and Clinic subscribers:If you don't have ActiveShield
installed and updated, you are not protected from this virus. Click here to
download ActiveShield.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2372";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2372Retail
VirusScan Users:  Version 4.0.70 and above with DAT file 4174 will
detect and remove this worm.  To download the latest DAT files, click
here.  ===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2645";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2645____________________________________________________________If
you would like to receive the McAfee.com Dispatch in a graphical (HTML)
format in the future, please click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2613";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2613________________________Virus
Fixes_________________________Find out more about this worm. Click here
to go to the W32/Goner@xx Help
Center.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2639";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2639Become
a McAfee.com subscriber and check your system online. Click here.===>
<A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2377";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2377Buy
the latest VirusScan in the McAfee Store! Click here.===> <A
href="http://mcafeestore.beyond.com/AF77887-VS_700/Product/0,1057,3-18-SN107852,00.html";>http://mcafeestore.beyond.com/AF77887-VS_700/Product/0,1057,3-18-SN107852,00.htmlIs
your VirusScan current? Existing VirusScan Users can buy a one time upgrade
to the latest version of VirusScan, Click here.===> <A
href="http://mcafeestore.beyond.com/AF77887-SMP_400/Product/0,1057,3-18-SN102899,00.html";>http://mcafeestore.beyond.com/AF77887-SMP_400/Product/0,1057,3-18-SN102899,00.htmlDownload
the latest DAT files, click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2645";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2645_____________________Anti-Virus
Tips!_______________________Find out how to detect and prevent viruses
with these handy tips. Click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=1589";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=1589______________________Special
Online now only $39.90 (USD)! SAVE $10! Click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2640";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2640Buy
a 1-year subscription of VirusScan Online for $24.95 (USD) & get a
1-year subscription to PC World! Click here.==> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2641";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2641McAfee
QuickClean:* Improves PC Performance* Removes Internet Clutter*
Covers Your TracksSAVE $10! Click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2642";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2642Give
the gift of security for your loved ones' PCs for the Holidays. The more you
buy, the more you save! Click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2643";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2643_____________________Corporate
Users________________________Proactive protection for your Microsoft IIS
Web servers against known and unknown attacks. Click here.===> <A
href="http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2644";>http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=2644~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[ You are currently subscribed as: <A
href="mailto:rrraff@xxxxxxxx";>rrraff@xxxxxxxx ]McAfee.com Support:
To contact us about this dispatch, click here.===> <A
href="http://www.mcafee.com/support/cust_serv/default.asp";>http://www.mcafee.com/support/cust_serv/default.aspSubscribe:
If you received this message from a friend and would like to subscribe to
McAfee.com Dispatch, click here.  ===> <A
href="http://dispatch.mcafee.com/sub.asp?s=22";>http://dispatch.mcafee.com/sub.asp?s=22Unsubscribe:
If you do not wish to receive email, click here.===> <A
href="http://dispatch.mcafee.com/unsub.asp?e=rrraff@xxxxxxxx";>http://dispatch.mcafee.com/unsub.asp?e=rrraff@xxxxxxxxNote:
Promotions are subject to change without notice.Click here to view our
privacy policy. ===> <A
href="http://www.mcafee.com/copyright/privacy.asp";>http://www.mcafee.com/copyright/privacy.aspCopyright
© 2001 McAfee.com Corporation / All Rights Reserved.