[RT] Re: To DOW RESPONDEES-Part 1

Thanks for your info. I did a Dow swing trade system last year that
would have made about 6000 pts after commissions if I traded it last
year. I will look at combining it with your system. They may play
together.

http://www.ghg.net/fsimms/Wobbley.gif

That is a 10 day ADX and the limit line is at 32. The properties of
the system:

http://www.ghg.net/fsimms/Wobbly$.gif

It uses a .1% commission and trades at the close.  You can improve
the performance by also putting a limit order at a 50 point better
price the following day to add.  The add is not shown.  This buys and
sells according to the previous day or the day before that according
to the ADX.  Don't ask me to explain the system, I can't.  The system
code is:

http://www.ghg.net/fsimms/MS65PRFT.DTA

Bob

PS. The ascii of the code is:

{Buy}
UpBar := Ref(C,-1) < C;
DownBar := Ref(C,-1) > C;

PeriodADX := opt1;
Limit := opt2;

Ref(DownBar,-1)
AND
If((ADX(PeriodADX )<Limit),
(PDI(PeriodADX )<MDI(PeriodADX )),TRUE) OR
(Ref(DownBar,-2)
AND
If((ADX(PeriodADX )<Limit),
(PDI(PeriodADX )>MDI(PeriodADX )),FALSE))

{Sell}
UpBar := Ref(C,-1) < C;
DownBar := Ref(C,-1) > C;

PeriodADX := opt1;
Limit := opt2;

Ref(UpBar,-1)
AND
If((ADX(PeriodADX )<Limit),
(PDI(PeriodADX )>MDI(PeriodADX )),TRUE) OR
(Ref(UpBar,-2)

--- In realtraders@xxxx, John Cappello <jvc689@xxxx> wrote:

> Thanks for your response.Since it is impossible and impractical to
> personalize all
>
>                          DOW Trading Method
>
> Premises:
>
> 1.There are small,medium and longer term trends on any given day.
>
> 2.This is a Day Trading method and as active as you desire.
>
> 3.At any level,even daily the market seeks a 12 1/2 % retracement +
> or - .A 10 % move is
> reaonable cause for entry.
>
> 4.Stop loss is never more than $100 [10 Dow points].
>
> 5.You need to play -30 to + 30 range different from higher ranges.
>
> Method Exmples:
>
> A.Market opens or is at + 3.If it goes to + 6 or - 3 , Buy at +6 or
> Sell at - 3.You can use a
> trailing SL in all examples if desired if you want to lock profits
> or  cut losses [rarely done
> by me].Definitely Buy back or Sell if you are in profit and fall or
> gain 10%.Also take a
> new position at that point in the direction moved.
>
> B.Market opens or is at + 13 and goes to +19 ,Buy.Sell at +
7.Ditto -
> opening or market
> location at any time.In other words take action at 50% move either
> way.same rules as A.
>
> C.Market opens or is at + 23 , Buy or Sell on 25% move either
> way.same rules as A.
>
> D.Market opens or is at + or - 33, Buy or Sell at 10% move [+36 or -

> 30.Same rules as A.
>
> E.Market opens at + or - 40 or better , same rles as A.
>
>                           Comments
>
> a.From experience the riskiest and potentially somewhat rewarding
> trades or stop outs at
> the lower prices ; the most profitable at the higher prices.use
your
> own risk aversion.
>
> b.The 30 day paper testing yielded approx. $15,000.Can not be exact
> due too lack of
> knowledge of slippage.Day trsading Dow only requires $2000 margin
> min.I use $5000 for
> safety.Drawdown ,worst I estmated was $500.
>
> c.I am not a technical writer so please  do not expect total
> clarity.Concept is the issue.
>
> d.I like the fact I can make a few trades and take a break and come
> back or if feeling really
> well go the whole day.
>
> e.You can decide on a personal level whether you are going for any
> particular trend. i
> usually go for allof them for info sake at this time.
>
> Any of your comments or thoughts are welcome.
>
> John

See What You've Been Missing!
Amazing Wireless Video Camera.
Click here