Re: [RT]Upgrade > Outlook settings to help prevent virus from loading

Some people are running into a variety of problems with
IE6, despite the fact that it was in beta for what  - 1
year or so?  For others, it's working OK.  I'm holding
off until at least the SP1 patch.  Suggest those with IE6
try going here http://www.langa.com/.  Click on search
this site, then type in IE6 as the search term.  Fred
Langa has been writting about a number of IE6 problems.

JW

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Bryant Tharp" <bulldog483@xxxx> wrote:
> Go to Windows update and download first critical update and
install , then
> Explorer 6.0 The update includes the Outlook update along with the
new media
> player and other general upgrades.
> If you do not want any part choose the custom download option and
pick what
> you want . I just did that and it installed very easy, however
there is a
> bottle neck on their site and the download is not a fast one. But
it is
> worth it . I have gotten hit 4 times today. I had to quarantine my
> winini.exe file and it remains un fixable according to Norton. Does
anyone
> know how to fix that damage . I have not noticed any differences in
the way
> windows work , but I do not know what to do here.
> thanks
> Bryant Tharp
> http://windowsupdate.microsoft.com/

Break free. Great