Re: [RT] BEAS

Haytham,

It is rather difficult for the "average investor"
to follow and then understand the logic behind your strategy (as applied to
BEAS).  There is a whole lot to be said for making things simple.
Since BEAS is a stock that I publicly monitor, I thought I might post the chart
for others to "eyeball".

My trades are triggered, very simply, by monitoring
a Chande momentum oscillator and then, buying and selling at "default" trigger
levels (extensions of the indicator).

There is no subjectivity to argue about.  This
is mechanical trading at it's best (recreated daily, posted before the markets
open, and continually profitable at even "default" levels...to trigger
trades).

There are many really great "traders" on the list
who have the intangible gift to trigger trades based on a subjective gathering
and weighing of technical evidence.  I DON'T trust myself to do that.
My "hat is off" to those that can monitor and trade many markets...making
decisions "on the fly".

My money management style leans very heavily
on diversification.  To accomplish my goals, I must trade a wide and
diverse basket of issues.  Pondering, making and executing orders in a
market, as it is trading, could prohibit, handicap, or delay decisions in other
markets.  In other words, if you are subjectively analyzing a market and
pondering a decision, you are not necessarily taking care of business in another
(or many other) market(s).

Everyone must develop, or adopt, a style that they
feel comfortable with.  I know that the "intuitive" traders take a lot of
crap, on the list, because they can't objectively pinpoint entry and exit
strategies.  So be it.  It doesn't change their returns.  It's
just more difficult to teach and convince folks that they can acquire the skills
and knowledge to perform like a mentor who is teaching you how to "feel"
the markets.

This morning, I have received, as I do everyday,
another request to make full disclosure of every trading system and approach
I've ever used that is profitable.  Usually, the request aren't even
polite.

As Hank Greenberg, the great Tiger baseball player,
once told my dad (a not so great Tiger player) after a group of fans were
hounding him for autographs:  "Pretty soon, these kids are going to want my
jock strap".

Well, I will give the public jocularity, but why
not try building a better "jock strap" with a solid oscillator and some simple
defined rules.  It works.

Take care,

Steve Karnish, CTACedar Creek Trading<A
href="http://www.cedarcreektrading.com";>http://www.cedarcreektrading.com

<BLOCKQUOTE
  <DIV
  <A href="mailto:H.Albizem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=H.Albizem@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Haytham Albizem
  To: <A
  href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Realtraders ; <A
  href="mailto:thewheelsinthesky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=thewheelsinthesky@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>the-wheels-in-the-sky ; <A
  href="mailto:gannsghost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";
  title=gannsghost@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>Gannsghost
  Sent: Sunday, June 03, 2001 9:36 AM
  Subject: [RT] BEAS

   6/3/2001

  I trade NASDAQ stocks and most of my analysis
  involve NASDAQ composite index as the blue print for NASDAQ stock movements in
  general. &#8220;TIME&#8221; is the most important factor I look at, &#8220;PRICE&#8221; is important
  &#8220;only&#8221;(and only &#8220; if&#8221;&#8217;) it combined with time in harmonious balanced
way.
   Price Analysis using square of 9
  method:
  If you take A-B swing, you will see that B price is
  projected from square root of A low plus 1.75 which is 315 degree(on Sq of 9)
  that number resquared will give 38.71 ~ 39 which is the projected price for
  B.
   B-C retracement found it is support at 180 degree of
  square of 9.
   You should expect if the &#8220;trend is up-bullish&#8221; to see
  the resistance level at 315 degree, in fact, resistance of swing C-D found at
  270 degree
   D-E retracement is 180 degree line
   E-F swing at 135 degree
   F-G retracement again 180 degree
   G-H is 180 degree
   My observation that retracement should touch 180
  degree before it reverse up based on historic behavior, so far the current
  BEAS price level did not achieve 180 degree yet.
    Time Analysis :
   A-B (square root of 7+2)^2 =
  22 add it to A gives you 4/26/2001 Turning Point&#8221;E&#8221;( 7 is the difference in
  calendar days between A and B)
  A-D(square root of 16+2)^2= 36 add to A gives you 5/11/2001
  Turning Point &#8220;G&#8221;
  B-C (square root of 1 +2)^2= 9 add it to B gives you
  4/20/2001 Turning point&#8221;D&#8221;
   D-E(square root of 6+2)^2 =20 add it to D gives you
  5/9/2001 this is not turning point because time and price are not balanced,
  there is other ways to know it was not a turning point but I leave this to you
  to resolve it.
   E-F(square root of 7 +2)^2=22 add it to E gives you
  5/17/2001 this is not turning point because time and price are not balanced,
  there is other ways to know it was not a turning point but I leave this to you
  to resolve it.
   D-G is 6/4/2001 is potential turning point if it hit
  180 degree price level
   F-G is 5/27/2001 was in the weekend 5/29/200 was
  significant down movement.
  G-H is 6/8/2001
   Regards,
   <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns =
  <SPAN
  style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; FONT-SIZE: 12pt; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA">HaythamTo

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor