Re: [RT] BEAS

Hi Steve,

I like the descretionary style of trading based on astro, math,
patterns and indicators. If I was trading many markets at the same
time may be your method is more appropriate because it is automated.

I enjoy what I am doing and very happy with my results, that does not
mean I do not keep open mind on new methods, I would like to know how
you trade, I am interested in the thinking process to generate the
buy and sell signal(if it is a secret, don't disclose it of course).
What book do you recommend to read on Chande Momentum oscillator.

Regards,

Haytham

--- In realtraders@xxxx, "Steve Karnish" <kernish@xxxx> wrote:
> Haytham,
>
> It is rather difficult for the "average investor" to follow and
then understand the logic behind your strategy (as applied to BEAS).
There is a whole lot to be said for making things simple.  Since BEAS
is a stock that I publicly monitor, I thought I might post the chart
for others to "eyeball".

> My trades are triggered, very simply, by monitoring a Chande
momentum oscillator and then, buying and selling at "default" trigger
levels (extensions of the indicator).

> There is no subjectivity to argue about.  This is mechanical
trading at it's best (recreated daily, posted before the markets
open, and continually profitable at even "default" levels...to
trigger trades).

> There are many really great "traders" on the list who have the
intangible gift to trigger trades based on a subjective gathering and
weighing of technical evidence.  I DON'T trust myself to do that.
My "hat is off" to those that can monitor and trade many
markets...making decisions "on the fly".

> My money management style leans very heavily on diversification.
To accomplish my goals, I must trade a wide and diverse basket of
issues.  Pondering, making and executing orders in a market, as it is
trading, could prohibit, handicap, or delay decisions in other
markets.  In other words, if you are subjectively analyzing a market
and pondering a decision, you are not necessarily taking care of
business in another (or many other) market(s).

> Everyone must develop, or adopt, a style that they feel comfortable
with.  I know that the "intuitive" traders take a lot of crap, on the
list, because they can't objectively pinpoint entry and exit
strategies.  So be it.  It doesn't change their returns.  It's just
more difficult to teach and convince folks that they can acquire the
skills and knowledge to perform like a mentor who is teaching you how
to "feel" the markets.

> This morning, I have received, as I do everyday, another request to
make full disclosure of every trading system and approach I've ever
used that is profitable.  Usually, the request aren't even polite.

> As Hank Greenberg, the great Tiger baseball player, once told my
dad (a not so great Tiger player) after a group of fans were hounding
him for autographs:  "Pretty soon, these kids are going to want my
jock strap".

> Well, I will give the public jocularity, but why not try building a
better "jock strap" with a solid oscillator and some simple defined
rules.  It works.

> Take care,
>
> Steve Karnish, CTA
> Cedar Creek Trading
> http://www.cedarcreektrading.com

composite index as the blue print for NASDAQ stock movements in
general. "TIME" is the most important factor I look at, "PRICE" is
important "only"(and only " if"') it combined with time in harmonious
balanced way.
>    Price Analysis using square of 9 method:
>
>   If you take A-B swing, you will see that B price is projected
from square root of A low plus 1.75 which is 315 degree(on Sq of 9)
that number resquared will give 38.71 ~ 39 which is the projected
price for B.

>    B-C retracement found it is support at 180 degree of square of 9.
>
>    You should expect if the "trend is up-bullish" to see the
resistance level at 315 degree, in fact, resistance of swing C-D
found at 270 degree

>    D-E retracement is 180 degree line
>
>    E-F swing at 135 degree
>
>    F-G retracement again 180 degree
>
>    G-H is 180 degree
>
>    My observation that retracement should touch 180 degree before
it reverse up based on historic behavior, so far the current BEAS
price level did not achieve 180 degree yet.

>     Time Analysis :
>
>    A-B (square root of 7+2)^2 = 22 add it to A gives you 4/26/2001
Turning Point"E"( 7 is the difference in calendar days between A and
B)

>   A-D(square root of 16+2)^2= 36 add to A gives you 5/11/2001
Turning Point "G"

>   B-C (square root of 1 +2)^2= 9 add it to B gives you 4/20/2001
Turning point"D"

>    D-E(square root of 6+2)^2 =20 add it to D gives you 5/9/2001
this is not turning point because time and price are not balanced,
there is other ways to know it was not a turning point but I leave
this to you to resolve it.

>    E-F(square root of 7 +2)^2=22 add it to E gives you 5/17/2001
this is not turning point because time and price are not balanced,
there is other ways to know it was not a turning point but I leave
this to you to resolve it.

>    D-G is 6/4/2001 is potential turning point if it hit 180 degree
price level

>    F-G is 5/27/2001 was in the weekend 5/29/200 was significant
down movement.

>   G-H is 6/8/2001
>
>    Regards,
>

>   Haytham