Re: [RT] Oil shortage

, but I hate to see the
American People get ripped off by the oil companies and knowing that the
American Government is in the same bed with them.

This has always been the case. There has NEVER been a TRUE oil shortage. This
situation is akin to DeBeers control of the diamond market. Emeralds are
infinately more rare than diamonds, yet diamonds cost infinately more.

It's a matter of supply and demand you say? Exactly my point. If there were
true free trade on the diamond market they would cost maybe 10 cents on the
dollar.

Plus, everyone forgets that maybe 50% of the price of gas at the pump are
taxes. There is a sizable of amount of taxes in there to build roads, yet why
is the infrastructure falling apart in this country? Oil is cheap, has always
been cheap, and will always be cheap--if we can get the politicians and
politics out of the way.

But I guess that's not reality.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor