Re: [RT] Re: No evidence for lower NASDAQ yet

Dom:

I believe I was quite explicit when I apologized if I ruffled anyone's
feathers--I certainly meant Haytham to be included in that and he has
posted several times since I wrote the original post. And I have exchanged
a few pleasant emails with Haytham on other matters. I doubt he sees my
message as an attack. In fact, I believe he knew me well enough to know I
wrote down a more accurate statistic for the pattern he was using and then
thought better and erased it, since I cannot state it as fact without
re-doing recent patterns and adding them in.

I have no problem with anyone posting anything here. If someone on RT finds
it of use, that's ok with me. However, the statistic he posted on a chart
was blatantly wrong. I didn't say his methods weren't meaningful and didn't
work for him. I said the statistic he wrote on a chart he posted here was
wrong--not a little wrong, but a lot wrong.

Then there was a follow up post by someone else stating the origin of the
statistic quoted. That may or may not explain much to you and or Haytham.
Again, I posted what I know for certain. I did not go on to post a
percentage off the top of my head. I cannot and will not do that. It is not
how I trade. I do not know how Haytham checks things like an author's
statistics; in this case, I doubt he checked it himself. I also said here
in another post that perhaps the other techniques Haytham added to the
analysis may be contributing to what he and others see as his success to
time the market [Don't mis-read what I just typed. I did not endorse
Haytham's methods or abilities; nor did I defame them].

This is about a statistic that was posted as a FACT. At least where I come
from, FACTS are not loose and free. 5 percent is seldom mistaken for 50
percent. I assure you I would have called DH or Mark aka Research or Clyde
Lee if they had posted something as a "statistic" or well known "fact" if I
knew them to be incorrect.

If we can't point out errors and mis-statements here when people post
charts and comments, tell me now. I'll go back to writing and posting
elsewhere. The traders are not as well spoken as they are here, but they
allow a free exchange of ideas and a dispute amongst honest men and women
is always a part of an free exchange of ideas.

I went to undergraduate and graduate school at the University of Chicago.
We have two things there that always made me stop and think: a memorial to
the birthplace of the atomic age and a stone arch all new students must
constantly walk through on their way to first year classes that says, " and
the truth shall set you free..."  That was worth the price of admission.

Best,

Tim Morge