Re: [RT] Gen - astrostuff

The astrological meanings of a planet turning retrograde/direct are
varied depending on who you want to learn astrology from. In my studies I
have found four main interpretations as follows:

1) The effects of retrograde/direct planets are vastly overrated by some
astrologers.

2) When a planet is retrograde the expression of its energy is delayed or
out of kilter with the normal progression of events. Generally speaking
it can be said that whatever is planned during this period will be
delayed and not come to fruition until the retrograde is over. The
expression of its energy can also be inverted meaning normally positive
aspects and events would be negative and vice versa. Keep in mind that
the retrograde cycle is not over when a planet turns direct but continues
until it passes the degree that started the retrograde cycle. In Jupiters
case this would not occur until 4.20.2001 about a month after the March
date in Stig's previous excellant post.

3) A change in a planets motion, particularly when from retrograde to
direct,  is said to mark a change in life. Could this be the meaning used
for the red crash days centered around Jupiter going direct on 1.25.01?
BTW Saturn also goes direct the same day.

4) The retrograde cycle provides a time to reflect on past issues
pertaining to that particular planet. In this case, Jupiter would mean a
reflection on the positve growth and expansion of the markets or, on the
negative side, the overly optimistic and extravagant state of the
markets. The retrograde path provides an opportunity to solve an issue
and coincides with a climatic point concerning the issue. If actions
taken do not resolve the problem then the direct path of the planet, on
its retracement of the retrograde path, will provide a final opportunity
to take care of the problem. The more serious the nature of the situation
the more turbulent this path may be as one is more or less forced to take
action. In other words if the market has not corrected itself properly by
now then an abrupt turn of events could be in store for us starting 1.25.
If the issues during the retrograde path have been dealt with properly
(market correction is satisfactory) then the direct path could pass
uneventfully.

Since astro is best used in conjunction with technical and fundamentals
the question becomes have the markets (and I am staying generic here -
markets meaning naz, spo & dow) corrected satisfactorily to date? If yes
then Jupiter/Saturn turning direct could just be an intraday blip. If no
then perhaps look out below.

There are several other astro events occuring in the upcoming week but I
think some rt's have probably read enough about astro for now!

Would welcome comments from others.

Norman, care to weigh in?

Jack