RE: [RT] IMHO

This
comes from the British.  It has to do with their huge ego.  No just
kidding.  I would be interested also.
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>
<FONT face=Arial color=#0000ff
size=2>Jimmy

  <FONT face=Tahoma
  size=2>-----Original Message-----From: MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx
  [mailto:MikeSuesserott@xxxxxxxxxxx]Sent: Wednesday, January 17,
  2001 3:33 PMTo: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxSubject: AW: [RT]
  IMHONot being a native speaker of English, and
  speaking of humble opinions here,I cannot help wondering why the pronoun
  by which the speaker refers tohimself in this language has to be spelled
  with a capital "I". I must sayI've always found this a bit strange,
  especially in view of the wonderful,slightly self-deprecating Anglo-Saxon
  sense of humor. Many other languagesreverse the case and capitalize "You"
  instead.Just my humble
  opinion.Michael-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----Von:
  Daniel Goncharoff [mailto:thegonch@xxxxxxxxxx]Gesendet: Wednesday, January
  17, 2001 21:17An: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxBetreff: Re: [RT]
  IMHOEven if we agree, it would just be our (humble) opinions, as
  opposed to,say, a fact...RegardsDanG> t-bondtrader
  wrote:>> If writing in the first person and expressing an
  opinion, the use of> the phrase or the acronym is, save for the word
  humble, really a> matter of tautology and since one's opinion on the
  market is nearly> always humbled by the market, perhaps it could be
  agreed that there is> no need to use it, in the future, especially on
  the futures...To
  to:realtraders-unsubscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx

eGroups Sponsor