Re[4]: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis

Hello Steven,

i  did  say that CSI had good data didn't i?  the download of the data
is  reasonable  thought  not fast when compared to other services, but
reasonable.

here  is  where  i  have a problem:  the updating of my perpetual data
contracts  TAKE FOREVER... and the back adjusted data is just as slow,
in fact if it were slow i would be happy that's how slow it is.

to sum up

data quality > good
data download time > good
data  files  updated (as far as speed) > the worst i have EVER USED of
ANY DATA VENDOR other than a pencil and paper..

software user friendliness > very poor
example  you  have  to  select  and  build ONE CONTRACT AT A TIME WHEN
BUILDING CONTINUOUS FUTURES DATA.  imagine one at a time GEEEZZZ - for
people  who only need a few commodities it may be tolerable however if
you  want  everything  you are paying for you simply don't have enough
hours in the day to get it all updated.

SWPp> Mark -

SWPp> I never saw CSI as really selling UA as anythig but a vehicle for their
SWPp> data. That is the value in their product. It takes me about two-three
SWPp> minutes every day to download every item they carry - every stock (US and
SWPp> UK) and every futures contract, plus then the time the program takes to
SWPp> recompute all their special contracts. CSI is by far the most reliable
SWPp> source for data. If that is whay Guyeshu is looking for, he should look no
SWPp> further. There is nobody else with data that reliable (except possibly for
SWPp> Bloomberg which does not have an end of day service as far as I know). The
SWPp> only company I ever saw anybody on the street stick with was CSI because it
SWPp> was the only data you could trust.

SWPp> Steve Poser

--
Best regards,
 Research                            mailto:research@xxxxxxxxxxxxx