Re: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis

  • To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: [RT] GEN: EOD Data Service - Genesis
  • From: "G.M. Goins" <gmg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Dec 2000 10:32:35 -0800

Bob,

I've used Genesis EOD Data for several years now.
I've never had the opportunity to compare their "cleanliness"
with other suppliers such as CSI/UA.  Wonder how one
does that ?

No matter.  Here's what I do know.  I get all of their futures
data (including their tick data) and indexes.  I download from the
internet.  It's quick, as is the subsequent disseminating/distributing
to the database.  If you prefer direct dial-in you can call (for a
fee) and 800 number or make a direct toll call in.  And for comparison
with your machine, my machine is a 400MHZ AMD clone, 128MB
56K modem and not the fastest disk storage (<< 7200 rpm).

I use their data with TS4 but not with their software.  Their continuous
contracts are well thought out and updated automatically along with
everything else.  I also have a live ESignal CME feed but use Genesis
tick data for the CBOT.  One of the very useful features of their
service is live snapshot quotes of the Chicago markets (New York
markets are delayed).  Not only are the EOD data files updated but
their tick data can be set up to automatically paste into TS4 after the
snapshot download.  Very nice.

Sincerely,

Gary Goins