Re: [RT] Margin calls and bottoms

And doom spread throughout the land .. lower indicates lower and when lower
is reached it indicates lower than lower will be reached.  Just remember
when it was so "cool" to be with the "in crowd" and wave the bear flag in
the midst of the high tech insanity?  Well friends, the hordes are with the
flag wavers now and just as you knew the markets were never so easy as to
just buy and wait, they are not so easy as to just sell and wait, either.
When I see someone say there is only an 18% chance of something happening,
I cringe.  Such belief in further moves in the same direction is a sure
sign of a near term reversal.

For me, I'm in RRC and cash ...  I covered some shorts today and will do no
further shorting until we mount a rally sufficient to cause short term
memory loss of the recent toss of bath water, baby and nanny.  I may miss
some opportunity but feel that the risk/reward in most short positions is
not sufficient until the froth is off the bear muzzle.

Bob

At 07:12 PM 12/20/00 -0500, you wrote:
>Hi Ben,
>
>In my statistical work there is only a 18% chance of a higher high tomorrow
>in the NYSE/S&P Futures and 72%  chance of a Lower Low.  So I would be
>inclined to see further down side.
>
>Most of the days in the past like today resulted in a doji at the close of
>Thursday with the dead cat bounce, Ben is talking about, starting on Friday.
>Only one out of 11 showed a reverse dead cat bounce, more like the piano
>crashing through a couple of floors and landing on the concrete sidewalk
>kind of trend.
>

>Don Thompson

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/977362057/