[RT] GEN: crashes and burns

> I also need to stop trying to pick tops and bottoms and fight
> trends.

>Picking tops and bottoms is one of the quickest ways to go broke in this
business.

I'm not sure I agree with the tone of either statement.

Let me rephrase: Blind acceptance of the above statement is dangerous to
one's financial health because it closes out the entire libraries of methods
established to do precisely that: pick tops/bottoms and deliver trade setups
THAT MAKE MONEY.

Is it possible that that those who do go out of business do so due to the
choice of wrong method / mismanaging the impact loss relative to account
capitalization rather than due to the attempt at picking top/bottom?

This "business" is about compounding ROI, with the "I" standing for
available inventory of capital.

Plenty of - ah - successful swing and gann/fibo/swing traders on this list
would tend to be top/bottom pickers, for their craft typically works best in
non-trending markets - or markets at the exhaustion of trends?

Gitanshu

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/976645344/