RE: [RT] Re: While the judges decide...on track

I knew when I wrote that that I would get that comment. The capital gains
tax change was certainly going to increase taxes since it permitted years of
gains to be taken at advantaged tax rates. The cuts in corporate taxes also
made companies more profitable and permitted the stock market to perform at
a record pace. At this point, US tax rates (Federal) are relatively low.
However, the take of taxes for people earning under some amount, which I do
not know enough to say is if far higher due to regressive taxes such as
sales taxes, sin taxes (which I do not have a problem with), etc. They can
cut taxes on the wealthiest if they take the tax rate to zero at a much
higher level than where it is now. Why do people earning around $70K pay the
same as people earning a million. And why is the effective rate higher in
the middle of it all as they take away tax deductions? Raise the level where
deductions get taken away, and then increase the tax on the really big
earners (the half million type folks, not the 70K-200K folks or there
abouts - I do not know exactly where the bubble is).

Of course, I could use the Democrat argument that the rich are getting
richer and the poor are getting poorer, but I am not familiar enuf with the
stats to be sure that is correct.

---
Steven W. Poser, President
Poser Global Market Strategies Inc.