[RT] Re: Who's responsible for economic growth?

The point I think the article was trying to make was that everyone
wants to take credit for "good times" but it is impossible to truly
pin down the root cause.

Conversely, were unemployment soaring, everyone would be trying to
avoid being blamed for that situation and would be gladly giving
credit to the others for creating the problem <g>.

Bill Clinton and the Democrats aren't any more responsible for
whatever success the economy has had to date than the Republicans
are.  Where we are today is a conglomeration of interwoven events
created by many forces over more time than the last 8 years alone.

As for taxing matters, you can't get money from someone who doesn't
have it, so targeting the wealthy is natural <shrug>.  After all,
that's where the money is <g>.  And it's also what the average person
wants to hear.  Of course, anyone with an ounce of common sense
ignores this posturing because it is mostly meaningless.  People with
the money have the power and they are not going to let their power be
taken away lightly.  Never have and never will...

We all need to remember that Presidents don't make tax laws.
Candidates can preen and promise all they want but all they are
really offering is what they would like to see happen IF they had
their way, IF their party was put in control of Congress, IF the
representatives would then do the President's bidding, IF the FED
would stand out of the way, if, if ,if...

With this bull cycle potentially nearing its end, the next President
may well find himself saddled with managing an economic downswing
(crash?), instead of a large surplus.  Just like the current dot.com
situation, nothing goes up forever.  However, human nature being what
it is, the person we elect this time may be the one we are pointing
the fickle finger of blame at next time around.  In that light,
perhaps we should vote for the person we would most like to be able
to blame if things fall apart <g>...

JW

--- In realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxx, "Prosper" <brente@xxxx> wrote:
> This article also misses the mark. Hard working people are
responsible for
> economic growth. Good times come when there is greater consumer
confidence.
> None have ever taxed themselves into prosperity.
>
> For years I've heard certain politicians cry for a tax on the
wealthy and
> corporations. Just where do they think the wealthy and corporations
get
> their money..? They get it from customers, investors, or renters.
In other
> words, the wealthy pass their tax increases on to you and me. That
causes
> inflation and that is bad for the economy and the markets. So next
time you
> hear someone call for taxes on the wealthy don't be gullible, it's
a tax on
> everybody and they know it.
>
> Prosper

eLerts