[RT] Re: Why rats and pigeons might make better investors than people do

I agree that probability is the key.  One can then try and put a
percentage on that probability to create a comfort and attention
factor.  Lower percentage - more attention, tighter stops and vice-
versa.

However, I do believe that much TA is really psychology at work.  It
isn't necessarily that whatever pattern may or may not work some
percent of the time, but the fact that x number of people believe
that it will.  Once there is some acknowledgement or recognition of
the pattern, then the believers "probably" <g> will jump in and trade
based on the pattern making it come true.

It might be fun to conduct a study/contest where known charts/data
were assembled, 2 or 3 months back from current cut off and then the
participants would have to predict what happened.  Obviously, this
would have to be with less well-known stocks so that no one had an
idea of the outcome.  Be interesting to see how many would be correct
in predicting a known outcome with any consistency based strictly on
TA.

JW

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/152424/_/972862209/