Re: [RT] Software - Pattern Smasher

Ed,
In November,1997, at Eddie Kwong's request , I published an article in your
newsletter "Pulse Rate, defending the objectivity of  some of Gann's
forecasting techniques.Over the following months I made a number of private
forecasts to Eddie which validated the accuracy and reliability of the
method.Beginning in December, 1998 and over the course of 1999 I posted
advance turn dates for the DJIA to the realtraders list.The accuracy and
reliability of my methods was there for all to see as well as the
methodology which I shared quite openly with those open minded enough to
accept it. I continue to forecast the major market indexes in advance and
post all results to my web site. So defending time and price forecasting
techniques is not an issue with me --I have been doing it publicly for quite
some time now.

My approach has always been to try to determine if there is an underlying
structure to market movement for if there is structure, then you can
forecast it.And I believe that is the basic question to be asked here. As I
understand it, you were an early student of Jerry Baumring and apparently
believed in market structure enough to develop Natures Pulse as a tool with
which to investigate it. You now claim you have evolved as a trader. So have
I - basing my current methods on a chaos theory hypothesis that markets have
a short term memory that renders them forecastable only in the short
term.The question is Have you evolved beyond the belief that markets have
forecastable structure?
Jim White
Pivot Research & Trading Co.
Pivottrader.com