[RT] Re: Cost of Doing Business....

At 09:52 AM 12/31/99 -0600, Mark Brown wrote:

>"GOOD  ORDER EXECUTION" is more
>important  than  commission  cost. AND! It helps to have a good broker
>who is supported by a good firm. Those are primarily going to be found
>to be run by people who have years of experience in the industry. This
>whole  industry  could  benefit  from  having  more  longer experience
>participants on both sides of the fence, that's client and server side.
>
>Happy  New  Year  and  remember  to  not  let  a  couple of dollars in
>commissions cost you thousands in slippage. Find a good firm who knows
>you as a person and not just as an account number.
>
>Mark
>
>.o©º°¨¨°º©[ WWW.MARKBROWN.COM ]©º°¨¨°º©o.
>
>                 <(©¿©)>

I just get off the phone after wishing my brokers Happy New Year. I am
staying with the same broker since 1978 (First with father, now with his
son). I am very happy with those honest and hard working guys. Sure they
could may a mistake but do all to correct it. I do not have any slippage at
all (I think) because my calls go to the floor and then I buy and sell for
what I could at that moment. We know and respect each other. I pay very low
commission and so I could ask for even lower rate (and would get it for
sure) I do not do that. What are my commission in comparison with my market
stupidity?

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy Alex.