[RT] Cost of Doing Business....

Hello realtraders,

Going  into  2000  - after reviewing different brokers / clearing firms
performance  this  year.  It was discovered that over a typical 30 day
period  between  our  best  broker  / firm and the next there was over
1000.00 dollars difference in the fills, on a one lot basis.

The  best  broker / firm that we found was not a big clearing firm, in
fact its an IB. I had reservations about even doing business with just
an IB, when I have typically dealt directly with larger clearing firms
and their floor institutional order desk. I was very reluctant to give
and  IB  or any IB a chance to get any of my business simply because I
knew I would probably pay more in commissions using an IB.

However  as  was  discovered  the  few  dollars that we were paying in
commissions  were  a  drop  in  the bucket when compared to the better
execution  prices  we received. I was frankly not an easy sell to move
any  existing  business  to try out yet another firm. But so convinced
was  this broker that he could give me better service that he with his
own  money  opened  an  account and personally became a client. He was
determined  to  overcome the perceived handicap I had heaped upon him,
and he did make a believer out of me.

The  primary  differences  I belive we received better executions with
this   particular   firm  is  that  the  broker  is  actually  himself
participating  with  what the trading company is doing. I can tell you
this  -  when I called him at anytime he knew exactly what the current
PL of the positions were. That's a strange experience to have a broker
acting as a realtime portfolio PL machine.

The  moral  to  this  story  is  that  "GOOD  ORDER EXECUTION" is more
important  than  commission  cost. AND! It helps to have a good broker
who is supported by a good firm. Those are primarily going to be found
to be run by people who have years of experience in the industry. This
whole  industry  could  benefit  from  having  more  longer experience
participants on both sides of the fence, that's client and server side.

Happy  New  Year  and  remember  to  not  let  a  couple of dollars in
commissions cost you thousands in slippage. Find a good firm who knows
you as a person and not just as an account number.

Mark

.o©º°¨¨°º©[ WWW.MARKBROWN.COM ]©º°¨¨°º©o.

                 <(©¿©)>