[RT] Re: systems

Robert,

Thanks for your reply. BTW my name is Brent. I've only been seriously
studying Gann for about a year now. I am limited by the amount of funds I
have to spend on buying Gann information. However, I have been studying
trading almost every (week) day for about 9 years now.

I am a moderately successful commodity trader at present. If Gann
methodology holds any promise for me it is to significantly improve my
trading. I'm not afraid to spend a reasonable amount time studding something
that I believe contains that sort of promise but I have limits as with
anything.

May I ask you, how much time you have spent studding Gann and where do you
feel you are on a scale of 1 to 10 ranging from beginner and novice through
being a competent student and finally being a master of Gann.

Brian,

If you aspire to become a master at anything,particularly in this
business-be prepared to put in
many Hours of study-especially with Gann-!! There are many aspects to
trading well and methodology
is one aspect-moneymanagement/ risk control and perhaps the most difficult,
but seems the easiest
is the 'emotional' side - Relax and enjoy the journey - if you don't -it
will be very expensive.
Preserve capital,trade small numbers and as you grow in experience the
'leverage' effect will reward
you well for your efforts-
Take the time to check out the detail of what you call 'BUNK' -(because
there is a correlation to human
nature-freakish or otherwise that exists in the 'out of the ordinary'
approaches)-keep an open mind
always-Yes 90% you will discard and the 10% you will find what works for
you-the point is you will
not have the confidence or discipline to believe in the 10% unless you do
the spade work.
Over the years I have read many trading books and found that the 'simpler
the better' is so true.In fact
some of my earlier approaches I now know just how good they were !!-(aah
hindsight !!)

regards

Robert