[RT] Re: Helping the good Doc...

On Thu, 30 Dec 1999 netvest@xxxxxxxxx wrote:

> You say the good Doc have broken the ground rules for this group. Please
> specify which rules you feel he has broken.

To quote from some earlier posts, Admins, and the list objectives:

"Repeated posting of the same content without
explanation has not been acceptable in the past."

"The emphasis has been on
learning"

" I for one was asked to stop posting of pivots
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
by John and Eddie a few years back"

"The forum should be considered as an educational and learning tool"

"Again, I repeat, each and every post to this forum should have RELEVENT
SUBSTANCE, useful to a majority of its members."

And on the current issue:

"John Boggio has made it clear in the past that a poster need not reveal
 'proprietary' information, however he has also let it be known that the
posting should be educational in nature with some explanation of the
technique.  A repeated posting of pivots does not in my mind fall into the
              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
guidelines set down by the moderators over the years.  The solution in the
past has been for the individual to set up his own website so the curious
can check it out rather than pollute the forum with carbon copies day after
day."

Without belaboring the point by quoting more, these few items seem
reasonably clear to me.

> > I would also have to observe that the good Doc's posts have caused the
> > largest disruption in quite a while.
>
> I WOULD SAY MARK BROWN HAS CAUSED MORE DISRUPTION THAN JOHN
                             ^^^^^^
Mark speaks his mind without reservation, and some, even many, find this
offensive. I believe he, and others, were upset by the good Doc's posts.
If the Doc would post to a web site instead, which has been suggested, the
'cause' of this divisive issue would be removed, would it not?

It seems clear to me that if he persists in posting, this will only get
worse, not better. What do you think?

Do you think it would be better for him to post to a web site?

Larry