[RT] Re: [realtraders] S&P and Nasdaq S/R for 12/28/99

On Mon, 27 Dec 1999, Dennis Holverstott wrote:

> I have little interest in "theoretical" support/resistance levels but in
> the interest of education (as opposed to black-box numbers with no
> explanation given), it took me 5 minutes to come up with these formulas
> which match John's numbers pretty closely for the S&P on a few randomly
> picked days. I didn't bother to check the Nasdaq or more than a few days
> of the S&P because I have no personal interest in these numbers but
> someone else can do it if he/she cares.

If someone is really interested, they might use a polynomial fitter pgm
to nail it very close with little work. I don't have an interest, and
won't do it. But, as you say, not that hard to do...

> Count me among the confused. Wouldn't it be simpler to just post the
> very simple formulas than to post numbers every day surrounding them
> with an air of mystery?

Given how easy it is to reverse engineer these, I would think so. We
might even get some test results to show how good they really are, too.

Posting the real, or reverse engineered formulas, with tests, might help
to reduce some of the objections, too. I don't really object to them, but
some folks do.

Just a thought...

Larry