[RT] Re: Advice needed

Hi Ketayun,

Back in August of 1998 I lost 66% of my trading money on a CMGI short.  I
had made literally 100's of trades and thousands of dollars up until that
point.  But I made 2 huge mistakes I've never made again:

1) I never risk more than 2% on a single trade.  I pull the plug or don't
take the trade if the logical stop risks more than that.

2) I was trading more from my gut than from indicators.  After essentially
wiping out my account, I spent a full year studying trend indicators that
could keep me out of trades that are a long shot.

My trend indicators, which are incredibly simple, tell me there was no short
trade on QQQ around $165.  So my advice is to to take the loss and then get
to work on your technical analysis.  After a year of mostly study and very
little trading, I finally can look at a chart and see structure where there
once was chaos. Now I trade with a mathematical probability of success. And
stops save my account when the trade goes the other way.

Good luck and Happy Holidays!
Linda
Swope's Mountain Photography
http://www.swopephoto.com
linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Climb the mountains & get their glad tidings: Peace will flow into you as
sunshine into flower; the winds will blow their freshness into you & storms
their energy, & cares will drop off you like autumn leaves. John Muir 1838 -
1914