[RT] Re: BW/building a trading system

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT size=2>
<DIV>No I do not know how to&nbsp; translate&nbsp;BW's formula of the alligator
to ELA or where to find the text for it.&nbsp; Someone may on this
forum&nbsp;may know how to do it.&nbsp; You talk about responsiveness of the
moving average which is a tradeoff, between getting out soon to protect profits
and getting out to soon and the market goes on.&nbsp; The alligator in and of
itself will make money, especially if you add the 34 ema.&nbsp; In fact the 34
ema can make money all by itself using fractals.&nbsp; You will take more trades
and have more losers then using with other indicators, but you will make
money.&nbsp; One of the biggest down falls in this business is people have to
take losses. I quit predicting where the market is going and care less, just
give me the money. I found macd and its ability to tell which wave your on and
where your at as described in BW's book is where you really unleash the money.
So if you can incorporate&nbsp;into your system this would help also. In my
endeavor to try to trade successfully and not just make money, but make money to
live very&nbsp;comfortable on, it took over 5 yrs of research(20 hrs weekly
committed), I know two things are certain to a valuable method or
system.&nbsp;&nbsp;You will need moving averages of some degree, and secondly
two chart sizes four to five times difference and this can be done with one
chart but one indicator representing the chart four or five times larger and
taking signals in that direction only until the larger indicator or chart
reverses.&nbsp; I would also look at those fractals as BW describes they are
critical since they represent a Elliott Wave of one degree or another. When you
get to testing it, I have found if your system is somewhat curve fitted, it
fails in other time frames.&nbsp; I&nbsp;never worried about back testing 50
yrs(didn't have the resources) even tho that would add to validity, but small
and large time frames will blow&nbsp; systems immediately apart if they have a
curve fitted structure. Not only that, if the software is going to be popular to
the masses you have to use a&nbsp;weekly charts for the long term investor and
the average trader daily and the beginning trader low on capital needs the
hourly or less.&nbsp; Of course the daytrader needs the minute chart. &nbsp; I
wish you the greatest endeavour at the university in trying to put a software
trading package together.&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>charley&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Tue Dec 21 15:31:20 1999