RT_Re: [TradersGroup] SP500 crystal ball (+ a little market history)

  • To: <realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RT_Re: [TradersGroup] SP500 crystal ball (+ a little market history)
  • From: "Earl Adamy" <eadamy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 05:51:30 -0800

Since my post of this weekend, all 3 of my NASDAQ breadth models (a/d
issues, a/d volume, and hi/lo) have shown extremely serious deterioration
while the NASDAQ and S&P indexes are close to once again reaching new highs.
I had been looking for a correction followed by new highs but the more
serious these divergences become, the greater the risk in the market. If we
don't get a good correction very, very soon, the Christmas turning point I
referred to earlier is likely to be the beginning of a major correction
rather than the beginning of another leg in the bull market.

Earl

> S&P (futures) longer term: I think the weekly has a good symetrical look
> it. I like the AGet 10/70 with long term counts: w.4 completing Oct98 and
> w.5 under construction.with initial target just shy of 1700. The counts
for
> w.5 also subdivide nicely showing w.4.5 completing Oct99 with w5.5 under
> construction. MOB resistance is nearby at 1505 Last magor Turning Point
> (AGet Time Clusters) displayed was 26Nov and next on 14Apr. W.5 should
> subdivide and price and time appears propitious for a correction - w.2.5
> (w.1.5 may be the last TP). On the monthly I see a big w.3 under
> construction and a Dec99 turning point suggesting a w.4 could be due.
> Looking to my weekly breadth studies, I'm showing serious
non-confirmations
> and bearish divergences in the weekly studies (using weekly a/d and h/l
from
> Barron's) - not much of a basis for an immediate major advance from here.
> Conclusion - trend is up, seasonality is strong, could be due for a w.2
> correction. Ball game on the weekly could be over if the Oct99 lows are
> taken out.
>
> S&P shorter term: the rally from the 18Oct low (w.5 on the weekly) is the
> first from a significant correction, has managed to surpass the previous
> Jul99 high, and appears to be somewhere in it's 5th wave. I'm using the
5/17
> oscillator to obtain the required w.4 pullback. I'm showing strong MOB
> resistance at 1468 and initial w.5 target at 1485. Looking to my daily
NYSE