[RT] Re: Attn Astro Gann Skeptics {02}

Norman,

Enclosed is a gif of the March Soybean contract.
Arrows delineate the dates that you mention. Looks promising, I enclose
it since I know you are a computer ditz, but you sure ain't a ditz when
it comes to the astrology.

My question to you is how are you confirming the Soybean prices with
time-price squaring a la Gann as you said you look at time and price.

This is the burning question in my mind, since as a student of yours who
learned a fair amount of introductory astrology from you, we really
didn't cover alot of what I would now consider important back ground of
Gann's methodology.

In the theory of biology there is a dictum.. Ontogeny recapitulates
phylogeny.
Or translated it means the developmental stages of embryonic growth from
single cell to birthed organism, recapitulates the grand steps of
zoological hierarchy, assuming one's perspective is "higher" than a
protozoan.
My contention is that one can't trade astrologically until one
understands the charting or mechanical method used by the Gann mann.

My thought in continuing the debate, where Gilmore stated and as I
understood it, that Gann theory of time and price squaring was developed
before he used astrology, puts the whole issue of the debate back on to
price action only.  Thus astrology is "only" a confirming tool.

Thoughts.

If you need me to graph something, just fax it to me and I will be glad
to translate it onto a gif..

Triningly,

Don

Don

nwinski wrote:

> Dear RT,
>          As you can see below, on Nov. 12, I posted the following
> attachment with my Soybean forecast based on short term ( 2 - 4 weeks)
> Astrological cycles. You can judge for yourself if this would have
> helped you trade Soybeans. I think it worked out fairly well, although
> the volatility and therefore profiitabilty has shrunk considerably since
> earlier this year. These same cycles helped me to make
> several thousand dollars per contract for each swing this past Summer
> and Fall. It doesn't always nail the exact high or low, but usually gets
> you on the right side near the turn. Why does it work? It must
> be all those Astrologers on the CBOT pushing the grain markets around.
> <G>
>         Let me know what you think. If you decide you would like to
> learn more, please contact me by private e-mail.
>
> Cosmically,
>
> Norman

> Subject: Re: wheat and cattle
> Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 03:11:40 -0800
> From: nwinski <nwinski@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> To: sheley <sheley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> CC: realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> NW: Wheat and Soybeans made their last short time high right on schedule,
> circa Nov. 5, with Mercury turning Retrograde and the New Moon. Grain prices
> should continue to be under negative pressure
> until the next Full Moon, Nov. 23 and Mercury turning Direct on Nov. 24. Then,
> there should be a rally lasting about two weeks to Dec. 7.  Please save and
> review this circa Dec. 7.
>
> Good Trading,
>
> Norman
>
> :

> > trading the short side of grains? Anyone else looking for a possible short
> > setup in cattle?
> >
> > Just took off my Dec wheat
> > trade was short from 260.
> > think I held this about 3
> > weeks with it going down to
> > 50 and back up to 61 before
> > finally meeting my objective
> > this morning.
> >
> > Went short Dec cattle this
> > morning; still waiting for
> > my fill. think it will be
> > 6935.  may have jumped the
> > gun here, making new highs
> > today as I type this, still
> > looks like a h&s.
> >
> > attached is a 60min wheat
> > chart. took trade off when
> > it hit the 1.27 retracement

> >                    Name: wheat.gif
> >    wheat.gif       Type: GIF Image (image/gif)
> >                Encoding: base64
Attachment Converted: "f:\eudora\attach\snap22.gif"