[RT] Fw: Where are.... {02}

Scot wrote:

:-----Original Message-----
:From: Scot Billington <scot.billington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
:Date: Wednesday, December 08, 1999 9:27 PM
:
::...Gann and Gilmore's enormous fortunes.  Gann, who allegedly made $50
::million in the 20s-30s trading futures, would have a fortune of $1.6
:billion
::if it earned 6% from then until now.  Where is all this money?  Gilmore
has
::been around selling books, seminars, and programs for over 10 years.  He
:has
::obviously sold tons of them as it has kept him alive.  Out of all of those
::students, why are none of them big time money managers today?  I am
looking
::for one disciple.   None of those
::repliers will have been successful over 10 years.  None will have an NFA
::audited track record.  They will be plenty mad and plenty sure of
::themselves.
::

Scot, while I have absolutely no penchant for Gann, one highly
respected CTA [he is one of the largest, if not the largest, basis
total funds under management] has said that Gann concepts
were the inspiration for his model.  His track record is audited,
and for the most part returns are respectable: John Henry.
Nevetheless, I do agree with you that in general these methods
are next to useless.

Dan