[RT] Re: Gen: Trading {04}

Dr. John posits:
> I beleve my friend Mark is referring to Deep Blue vs.Gasparov.It was not a
> question of better programming that defeated Gasparov in 1996 but rather the
> time clock.IBM increased the number of chips and speed compared to prior
> years so that Gasparov could not keep up with logical moves.The program was
> not the issue.

Actually, I think this supports Mark's point quite well. An exceptional
human may be able to track a single chess game for a short period of
time and beat Deep Blue. But the markets are multiple chess games
running at lightning speed 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. A human will
quickly die of exhaustion trying to track them all while a computer
needs no sleep, food, vacations or bathroom breaks. Programming the
skill and knowledge of a good discretionary trader is certainly no easy
task but it's not impossible either and it's a worthwhile goal.

--
  Dennis