[RT] Re: Where are... {02}

<x-html><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type><!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<STYLE></STYLE>

</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>The only comment that I can make is that I
joined a newsgroup for about a week and got tired of listening(reading) to the
top guys there about how good they were.&nbsp; I quit last night.&nbsp; One of
the guys was Bryce Gilmore.&nbsp; And they are like gods.&nbsp; I wonder if I
could get a little carpentry work off of those guys because I think that they
need to be in a room by themselves so that they can bask in their
glory.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT><FONT size=2>Waves be sacred man.&nbsp;
The caretaker of the newsgroup(not Bryce) said that he makes a living
trading.&nbsp; In the next sentence he said that he gives 'all' his money to
charity.&nbsp; He also suggested that any new members send $120 to his address
in Washington so that he could give this to the poor.&nbsp; This was posted on
this NG about 8 - 10 days ago.&nbsp; Later the boys on the NG figured out that
some dickhead had posted it.&nbsp; I asked the caretaker of the group(let's call
him the custodian) if this post was accurate.&nbsp; He said that everything was
accurate except there was one phrase that wasn't accurate and that was:&nbsp;
'dickheads need not sign on to this NG.'&nbsp; So his solicitation of funds to
help the poor(supply money to surgeons in Kosovo so that they could get supplies
etc.) was true.&nbsp; Like I'll give to whom I want and when I want.&nbsp; They
be wingnuts 'n shit over there.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=2>Henry</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE
style="BORDER-LEFT: #000000 solid 2px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">
    <DIV><FONT face=Arial size=2><B>-----Original Message-----</B><BR><B>From:
    </B>Scot Billington &lt;<A
    href="mailto:scot.billington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx";>scot.billington@xxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>To:
    </B><A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>
    &lt;<A
    href="mailto:realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx";>realtraders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx</A>&gt;<BR><B>Date:
    </B>Wednesday, December 08, 1999 8:07 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>[RT] Where
    are... {01}<BR><BR></DIV></FONT>
    <DIV><FONT size=2>...Gann and Gilmore's enormous fortunes.&nbsp; Gann, who
    allegedly made $50<BR>million in the 20s-30s trading futures, would have a
    fortune of $1.6 billion<BR>if it earned 6% from then until now.&nbsp; Where
    is all this money?&nbsp; Gilmore has<BR>been around selling books, seminars,
    and programs for over 10 years.&nbsp; He has<BR>obviously sold tons of them
    as it has kept him alive.&nbsp; Out of all of those<BR>students, why are
    none of them big time money managers today?&nbsp; I am looking<BR>for one
    disciple.&nbsp; Before anyone starts in on the regular retorts, which
    I<BR>ADMIT have SOME merit, do not forget that 15 years ago Dennis and
    Eckhardt<BR>taught their methods to 24 people and 4 of them are among the
    largest CTAs<BR>in the world today.&nbsp; Both the teachers are too.&nbsp;
    How many gazillions of<BR>people have read Gann books and Gilmore's
    stuff?&nbsp; Are any of them successful<BR>CTAs?&nbsp; Out of all the
    authors and experts on Gann, why are none of them<BR>money managers?&nbsp;
    Why do they continue to sell books?&nbsp; I could see selling<BR>some to
    finance a trading nest egg, but the authors and names are the same.<BR>A lot
    of them do well in letter writing contests and some even win
    little<BR>trading tournaments.&nbsp; I don't doubt that there will be
    multiple replies to<BR>this talking about the author's 600% return in two
    weeks after drawing a<BR>Gann angle (which by the way crosses different
    points depending on the size<BR>of your graph paper and how much you assign
    to each box.).&nbsp; None of those<BR>repliers will have been successful
    over 10 years.&nbsp; None will have an NFA<BR>audited track record.&nbsp;
    They will be plenty mad and plenty sure of<BR>themselves.<BR><BR>There are
    certainly an infinite number of ways to make money in the markets.<BR>I am
    open to the possibility that ANY type of method could produce an
    edge.<BR>I'll test anything.&nbsp; Some of you should perhaps open your mind
    to the<BR>possibility that Gann/Gilmore/Elliott Wave/Time and price etc. do
    not create<BR>an edge and merely produce random trades.&nbsp; Many of your
    successful examples<BR>are the ultimate form of curve
    fitting.<BR><BR>sb<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>
</x-html>From ???@??? Wed Dec 08 20:57:43 1999